NEC shopping list (1 Viewer)

Jul 6, 2018
Funster No
We're off to the NEC next month, mainly for a look around at what's going on but two things potentially on our shopping list:

A new sat-nav as the built in one on our Peugeot Boxer based motorhome keeps trying to take us down narrow lanes and I can't see any way of inputting vehicle dimensions etc. Been looking at the CMC version of the Garmin Avtex Tourer Two. Any comments or alternative suggestions?

A portable, folding solar panel for those rare no EHU times. Probably 100-150w. Again, any recommendations welcome.

Appreciate we may be better off looking at NEC but buying after. Any help greatly appreciated.

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hubby got Aguri from caravan and camping club (rv720 dvr) can put dimensions in, then route you away from low bridges ect. Happy with ours (y)

Scotsblood

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
Nozatec or Xgody Chinese unit, all the facilities of a truck sat nav, dimensions, route type etc but at a fraction of the cost of the big brands with free map updates via the FB group.
This is the unit now in our van;-
https://xgody.com/products/xgody-x4...av-fm-rear-view-camera?variant=31524301832270
I purchased ours via Amazon and paid £52, brilliant bit of kit and when loaded with all the points of interest, sites, aires etc as been invaluable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Nozatec or Xgody Chinese unit, all the facilities of a truck sat nav, dimensions, route type etc but at a fraction of the cost of the big brands with free map updates via the FB group.
This is the unit now in our van;-
https://xgody.com/products/xgody-x4...av-fm-rear-view-camera?variant=31524301832270
I purchased ours via Amazon and paid £52, brilliant bit of kit and when loaded with all the points of interest, sites, aires etc as been invaluable.
I know a lot of people get on really well with these. I bought similar Nozatec on eBay for £38 or £40. It kind of worked, but I couldn't really get on with it. Probably me, because I'm not brilliant with sat-nav tech. Currently have an Avtex with ACSI and other sites listed, purchased from another Funster which is quite good. Although, sometimes resort to using bog standard TomTom...

Scotsblood

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
I know a lot of people get on really well with these. I bought similar Nozatec on eBay for £38 or £40. It kind of worked, but I couldn't really get on with it. Probably me, because I'm not brilliant with sat-nav tech. Currently have an Avtex with ACSI and other sites listed, purchased from another Funster which is quite good. Although, sometimes resort to using bog standard TomTom...
The iGo navigation software is a full professional driver quality item so does need a few minutes work to understand just how much more it can give than a ‘consumer’ targeted device. To get ACSI, SFS and other POI’s loaded does take a bit of extra work but the level of lane guidance, junction information and restrictions based routing is fantastic once you get into it. The FB group and ready help and updates it provides makes for a well supported cheap device.

OP
OP
C
Jul 6, 2018
Funster No
Went to the NEC and bought an Avtex Two sat nav. All the dealers were doing a slight reduction on RRP and gave a hard case with it.

Have used it a bit and it seems very good so far.

Didn't get a solar panel - still thinking on whether to or not as most sites will have hook-up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back