NEC .......oops (1 Viewer)

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Going today, will drool over my future purchase.
Question now do I retire a year earlier next summer so can start travelling sooner.
Main apologies today for being a nuisance at your stands.
Pilote talking to Haynes
Eddie@vanbitz.
Not sure who else I will bother.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Broadsman
Aug 31, 2015
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt,
Exp
September 2015
Blowed if I know. Guess I must have trod in something on the way in, maybe some grey waste! - but that's another story (or three) :D

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
Going today, will drool over my future purchase.
Question now do I retire a year earlier next summer so can start travelling sooner.
Main apologies today for being a nuisance at your stands.
Pilote talking to Haynes
Eddie@vanbitz.
Not sure who else I will bother.

That's a perfect combo so you don't really need to talk to anyone else.:cool:

Been there, done that, driving the Pilot with VanBitz alarm . Hi Andrew.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The Morelo stand. Unless you have a spare £348,000 on your hip :)
Spent a nice 20 minutes in that one Jim but didn't buy it, our friends drove it from Germany for the dealer (y)

Martin

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
cant wait to see that one at the show @Jim I've saved up the cash and I hope I like it and it's in blue and green so I can do the deal... :pray:

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
Seem to have come back with a new Autotrail Delaware 'S'.

Offered such a good p/x deal on our Apache just couldn't refuse it. £596 profit after 2 years!!!
Well done normally motorhomes lose thousands of pounds per year you must of bought the Apache at a very good price

OP
OP
Broadsman
Aug 31, 2015
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt,
Exp
September 2015
Well done normally motorhomes lose thousands of pounds per year you must of bought the Apache at a very good price

You are right. When we got it in Nov 15 it had done very few miles and was on offer for an exceptional price. Combine this with a very good px offer and I guess we have really lucked out for once.

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
AFDB6A7A-EAD8-4722-B207-A2E71D068C88.jpeg
We are here today..

Day has started with a Wetherspoons...

Kat has her eyes on the Smove !!! Definitely staying away from that stand !!

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Had a good walk round yesterday. Just the right amount of people and had no problem getting to look round the very top end models. Have noticed big price increases across the ranges so clearly the euro rate is kicking in. Spoke to a couple if dealers I know and many of the German suppliers are already quoting June delivery dates for specked up orders. So I imagine there will be some upset bunnies in the Summer when delivery dates are pushed back.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
I'm going Sunday.... I'm hoping I buy lots of accessories and not a new van
Have been today. Very disappointed with show, a lot smaller than previous years.
Usually lots of accessories around the edges of the halls, not this time though.
The February show there has been getting smaller over the years. Look's like this is going the same way as the outdoor shows.
The rent's being charged to the exhibitiors are to high.

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
Have been today too.. I have to admit to a couple of things...

1. Motorhome prices are getting just plain ridiculous.. A couple of years ago you could easily get a good one for under £50k (and even that is a huge amount of money) Now they are starting at nearly £60k... I overheard a Salesman say to a colleague "he's only got £60k" Wtf I said to myself... Crazy attitude. The German van prices are just plain ridiculous... I'm with Lenny here, surely going onto the continent must be better ?

2. The show was almost empty at around 3pm... Even in the morning it was quiet.. But that made it great for us to have a look around.

Met James at @vanbitz and had a good word with him about doing some additional work on our van.. Very helpful man.

And Finally, the NEC wouldn't be the NEC Motorhome show unless my lovely wife didn't get a big present for herself. An air fryer... Looks good, but I have no idea how it works... A must have utensil for the Motorhome apparently... Looks nice and shiny tho'

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Have been today too.. I have to admit to a couple of things...

1. Motorhome prices are getting just plain ridiculous.. A couple of years ago you could easily get a good one for under £50k (and even that is a huge amount of money) Now they are starting at nearly £60k... I overheard a Salesman say to a colleague "he's only got £60k" Wtf I said to myself... Crazy attitude. The German van prices are just plain ridiculous... I'm with Lenny here, surely going onto the continent must be better ?

2. The show was almost empty at around 3pm... Even in the morning it was quiet.. But that made it great for us to have a look around.

Met James at @vanbitz and had a good word with him about doing some additional work on our van.. Very helpful man.

And Finally, the NEC wouldn't be the NEC Motorhome show unless my lovely wife didn't get a big present for herself. An air fryer... Looks good, but I have no idea how it works... A must have utensil for the Motorhome apparently... Looks nice and shiny tho'
We saw that !!! Watched the chips going round! Let us know if it works!!!
Tell Kat I got a Mr D cooking pot!! Making a lamb dish tomorrow!!

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
We were there at 8am... to miss the traffic... Sat down about 8:30 to have ours... There were quite a few people in there when we arrived... So well before 8am I'd say..
We will not get there till 9am unfortunately as doubt will be setting off before 6.30am, will just have to see then

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I love my Airfryer - not in the van, but at home.
Its brilliant.
Hope its a proper basket one, not one of spinning disc actifry things.

Mine:
VonShef-Air-Fryer-1230W-Review-2.jpg

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
We were there Tuesday and Wednesday and got ourselves a Kampa Rally Air Pro 390 XL awning .we are fed up with th so called wind out awnings on motorhomes which are little more than sunshades really ,winding out then winding back in again when the wind picks up,just wanted something a little substantial.oh and we bought 2 black bomber cheeses and Jo bought a twist grater.We always enjoy the NEC show.
Brian & Jo

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I think all the types of exhibitions are getting smaller. I've been going to the National Motorbike Show for years, now I live near Inverness it's not worth the trip. It used to be a full days visit, last time I went two years ago it was couple of hours. Even some of the major manufacturers don't go anymore.

I imagine this show (I've only been to Scottish show) will go the same way.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I think all the types of exhibitions are getting smaller.

The quilt show in Edinburgh (September) was smaller than in previous years. It's in a new hall and maybe the cost to the exhibitors has increased. Quite a few of the "old hands" were missing and the ones that were there seemed to have smaller stands.

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Hi, went NEC today, thought it was ok, not as busy, similar format to previous and prices are going up.

But, does anyone know the dealer supplying the Carthago vehicles, have a few questions that i would like to ask about the spec of one of the vans on display.

Let me know if anyone knows as brochures don’t have dealer stamps

Many thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back