Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We had a long chat with a German chap who said in late 2006 Concorde invested in a new press to meet massive increased demand and it went downhill from there.
He said there were quite a number of German owners who have had major issues with vans after 2007, new garage/ locker doors being one of them, more complicated charging systems another that went wrong
He said you never really found issues on the earlier vans so we went with his advice and bought a 2005 model.

So, based on hearsay not fact.

Deleted User
Just tell them that forum members reliably inform you the quality has nosedived and you want to see it before the cupboard doors drop off and the power fails. That should get you in.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
So, based on hearsay not fact.

No fact, how many with Concordes do you know who have had locker doors fall apart, I know of quite a fair number now, every one is 2007 or after. That's fact
The charging system became much more complicated, fact
From beginning of 2007 demand increased enormously, fact
All the German forums tell me that quality went down from 2007 onwards and they post the problems, fact.
Not sure what you mean by fact if that isn't sufficient.
Not just Concorde though, build quality went down in all Marques from 2007, just look at Hymer etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
No fact, how many with Concordes do you know who have had locker doors fall apart, I know of quite a fair number now, every one is 2007 or after. That's fact
The charging system became much more complicated, fact
From beginning of 2007 demand increased enormously, fact
All the German forums tell me that quality went down from 2007 onwards and they post the problems, fact.
Not sure what you mean by fact if that isn't sufficient.
Not just Concorde though, build quality went down in all Marques from 2007, just look at Hymer etc.

I think what I would consider fact differs somewhat to what you consider it to be. In your response you said that you'd spoken to a German chap who gave you information... to me that is not fact it is hearsay.

In answer to your question... I know of no Concordes with defects in locker doors.

'The charging system has become more complicated'.... well of course it has! The Concordes themselves have evolved into something far more complicated and the charging system has evolved with them.

I expect that the demand for Concorde motorhomes did increase because they are quality vehicles.

I can't comment on Hymers as I know nothing about them. Similarly it would appear that you know nothing about the latest Concordes.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I think what I would consider fact differs somewhat to what you consider it to be. In your response you said that you'd spoken to a German chap who gave you information... to me that is not fact it is hearsay.

In answer to your question... I know of no Concordes with defects in locker doors.

'The charging system has become more complicated'.... well of course it has! The Concordes themselves have evolved into something far more complicated and the charging system has evolved with them.

I expect that the demand for Concorde motorhomes did increase because they are quality vehicles.

I can't comment on Hymers as I know nothing about them. Similarly it would appear that you know nothing about the latest Concordes.

The German chap did and I then found out more via German forums, someone put a post on the Concorde forum about 18 months ago has anybody had to replace locker doors and there was about 10 replies saying they had, considering there was then less than 100 members I was really shocked, even had private messages from the owners group saying it was poor.
It is a constantly running theme on all the German forums that the quality severely dipped, but you know more than the German owners obviously.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
The German chap did and I then found out more via German forums, someone put a post on the Concorde forum about 18 months ago has anybody had to replace locker doors and there was about 10 replies saying they had, considering there was then less than 100 members I was really shocked, even had private messages from the owners group saying it was poor.
It is a constantly running theme on all the German forums that the quality severely dipped, but you know more than the German owners obviously.

Yes, I am speaking from personal experience. You are not.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
One "benefit" of buying "pre-loved" as the Trade likes to call them, is that if you do your "due diligence" what you get is the "niggles" having been ironed out by the first owner, also many come with "extra`s" for which the trader cannot really cost up. And providing the service record is complete and verifiable, then it could well be a win win?, assuming of course the price is right. I am not sure that providing I could get the layout I wanted in a Second Hand Vehicle, I would even go for a "New" Motorhome had I the luxury of being able to afford it?.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
I am not sure that providing I could get the layout I wanted in a Second Hand Vehicle, I would even go for a "New" Motorhome had I the luxury of being able to afford it?
Yep layout, layout and layout, compromise is always there, I knew when I took the RS on I would need the bikes on the back, no great problem up to now, but if I do change again at some point, I will go for a large garage just for easier access

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Yep layout, layout and layout, compromise is always there, I knew when I took the RS on I would need the bikes on the back, no great problem up to now, but if I do change again at some point, I will go for a large garage just for easier access

My problem was that I didn't WANT a garage neither of us (can) use bikes. We need to be able to access all area`s inside without steps, preferably on one level, due to mobility issues, climbing even one step to bed is a recipe for disaster that which also applies to a drop down bed. A Garage (for us) is a waste of internal space. I carry SWMBO`s Mobilty scooter in the Towed car ("A" frame) or a small trailer. Finding a layout acceptable in an "A" class, on the Mercedes platform, was a challenge. When we where looking, 90% of `vans on offer had garages!. The other thing about garages, is that they have potential to lead to overloading of the rear axle, But that is My personal view.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
If you want to look at a good selection far better to go to Caravan Salon.
Also you don't get ripped off on entry & camping prices.
Next year for us unfortunately, gives me plenty of time to do the homework, possible upgrade of licence if that’s the route I decide to take

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back