NEC Oct 2019 (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Well we’ve decided to get tickets and stay over on the Friday night before heading down to Hertford, now I’ve always had an itch to get in the Morelo’s, Concorde etc for a look about.
I can’t afford new but keen to have a look at build quality etc. I’m still keen on second hand.
I always have that feeling when I approach that rope across the door that i’m being weighed up, here’s another chancer that can’t afford it and I usually end up not bothering. Am I being paranoid, or do I need to put my suit jacket chinos and brogues on to be waved through ?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Well we’ve decided to get tickets and stay over on the Friday night before heading down to Hertford, now I’ve always had an itch to get in the Morelo’s, Concorde etc for a look about.
I can’t afford new but keen to have a look at build quality etc. I’m still keen on second hand.
I always have that feeling when I approach that rope across the door that i’m being weighed up, here’s another chancer that can’t afford it and I usually end up not bothering. Am I being paranoid, or do I need to put my suit jacket chinos and brogues on to be waved through ?
We seen the scruffiest wealthiest person with no airs or graces so just go for it , it’s their snobbishness if they get sniffy!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Only joking regarding the clothing, and certainly don’t want to stereotype the Morelo Concorde fraternity, maybe it’s just my upbringing that makes feel that way ?
Ooh I can feel a therapy session, where’s that sofa??

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I overheard 2 salesman talking to each other last October’s show , he was saying there is so many people here
And it’s almost impossible to pick who is a buyer and who is a looker , so your safe to have a look cause he has no idea if your buyer ?

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007

One should always send the Butler ahead to make an appointment to view. :D

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
So that’s a question: Are you supposed to make an appointment?

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Making an appointment will indicate a degree of seriousness. They want to sow seeds as well as make sales, I imagine, so should be happy to show-off all the details even if there is not an immediate sale.
There won't be many second hand Morelo models available, but plenty of Concorde and some quite cheap (by comparison with new ones).

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So that’s a question: Are you supposed to make an appointment?
Just hang around and ask if you can “have a look please” very rarely have we had to make an appointment although sometimes you can’t get straight in as they don’t like a crowd.

My guess would be that Morelo will be there but not sure about Concorde as they tend not to do shows, I think N+B will be there.

Martin

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
almost impossible to pick who is a buyer and who is a looker
True, technically I was only a looker when I came across the one I bought LOL.

salesmen have no idea in general.
I think for many stands we were just lookers :). The macabre fascination in seeing £65k VWs with porta-pottys under the sink complete with their mechanically inept Euro6 offerings was tough to avoid, our invisible thought bubbles bobbing with incredulity!

Making an appointment will indicate a degree of seriousness
I really like to be reasonably certain before placing myself of the hook, ready to be reeled in LOL.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Look like you belong there, tell the sales staff, don't ask, don't try and nick their pens, and don't ask for freebies.

Gets me onto any boat at the Boat Show

Once you have had a look around, and shown interest they will ply you with freebies, tell you to keep hold of the pen that you have made notes with and virtually beg you for your email and phone number.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
My guess would be that Morelo will be there but not sure about Concorde as they tend not to do shows, I think N+B will be there.
And I suppose that’s the problem with the show, you can’t get to see all the marques you want, sorry what I want.
I really need to get my butt over to the Dusseldorf show next year for a proper nosey around, I really enjoy the large worktops, double sofas full size cooker and twin wheel chassis of my RS and looking at the layouts of a lot of the European vans they seem to struggle with that concept.
Cheers

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And I suppose that’s the problem with the show, you can’t get to see all the marques you want, sorry what I want.
I really need to get my butt over to the Dusseldorf show next year for a proper nosey around, I really enjoy the large worktops, double sofas full size cooker and twin wheel chassis of my RS and looking at the layouts of a lot of the European vans they seem to struggle with that concept.
Cheers
Indeed ? on both counts, OK we aren’t bothered about double sofa as we like the “bar versions” but the German vans can struggle for a decent kitchen in comparison.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Cheers

I don't think any of us will ever find our perfect MH's because what we actually want is a Tardis.

Yes a lot of the German kitchens could and should be bigger, but then I find a layout I could live with in an RS I go round the back and can't get my scooter in it Ho hum.

Jon

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
I had the same problem when I checked in for Concorde ! Can I help you sir as I approached check in area , I did have my trainers and baseball hat on !!! This is Concorde check in ? I asked yes he said well I am in the right place ?

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
CazPaul, can’t afford anything at the minute, and certainly won’t be doing a new one, although until I start my search in earnest I’m not sure what you get for your money, had a good look on mobile.de to give a rough guestimate though.
Depending on the sale of our house and the possibility of a land purchase may steer a lot of my decisions.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
CazPaul, can’t afford anything at the minute, and certainly won’t be doing a new one, although until I start my search in earnest I’m not sure what you get for your money, had a good look on mobile.de to give a rough guestimate though.
Depending on the sale of our house and the possibility of a land purchase may steer a lot of my decisions.

Oh no, sounds like you re thinking of building your own house? That will make you seriously poorer - says the voice of experience.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Oh no, sounds like you re thinking of building your own house? That will make you seriously poorer - says the voice of experience.

Hehe, I’ve done a barn conversion now that was a labour of love and money pit, too many unknowns, at least with a new build you can cost out to your spec, It’s all up in the air at the moment though but still selling up, so if anyone’s looking for a house purchase in the western lakes overlooking the la ratty in Eskdale then nows your chance.?

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
jongood, yes the heavier chassis appeals, just need to get my class 2

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Don't be a new Concorde plate merchant, get one made before 2007 you will find its better built.

Interesting... What are you basing that comment on Paul?

Ours is 2017 and we've had it for nearly 2 years - in that time we've covered 19,000 miles. I would say that the build quality, along with everything else, is fantastic.

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
I was on the Frankia stand in Feb with my wife.
Looking at the quality and build etc, opening drawers and generally getting a feel for it when a rude saleswoman asked us not to open and close things.

We then left and in the end bought a new Carthago.

Her loss!!!!!

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Interesting... What are you basing that comment on Paul?

Ours is 2017 and we've had it for nearly 2 years - in that time we've covered 19,000 miles. I would say that the build quality, along with everything else, is fantastic.

We had a long chat with a German chap who said in late 2006 Concorde invested in a new press to meet massive increased demand and it went downhill from there.
He said there were quite a number of German owners who have had major issues with vans after 2007, new garage/ locker doors being one of them, more complicated charging systems another that went wrong
He said you never really found issues on the earlier vans so we went with his advice and bought a 2005 model.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back