NEC - New motorhome prices (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Just wondering if I was the only one slightly surprised at how much motorhomes appeared to have increased by over the last few years. I was able to buy a fairly basic new 6m PVC with awning, camera, radio etc for less than £34k just 3 1/2 years ago. It has served me very well and I like its simplicity, however, thought I would see what was on the market today. Some fabulous vans with any manner of innovation and finish, all well and good until I looked at the price tags. Some of the PVC's were outrageous (up to £85k), A class were well, lifestyle statements with the only good value seeming to be coach built which looked positively cheap against the rest and often cheaper than a PVC. Anyway, one good outcome, I suddenly like my van even more.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Just renewed my insurance with Comfort and they are insisting I have a tracker because with the new for old insurance cover the model is now into a higher bracket.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I think it was 2015 we were getting €1.44 euro to the £ sterling, now €1.12 if you're lucky.

No doubt that has some impact, but I agree vans - PVCs especially - appear to be getting very expensive. We paid circa £45k for our reasonably specced 6.4m Rapido with comfortmatic gearbox last year; similar spec now around £53k for new models.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
They charge what the market will stand, and at the moment, this generation are spending their pension pots, I can't see future sales/prices continuing to rise once us lot have gone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Got to remember that although the panel vans are made in UK, large part of everything that is bolted to it comes from Europe (and they don't want a trade deal) so the fall in the pound has pushed everything up.
I saw that yesterday, just could not believe the price increase on our van from when I bought it 16mths ago and there has not been any real changes on it to cause the increase.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Price increases would be understandable if build quality was improving.
All I see is corner/cost cutting, weight saving, 'cheap' bling and gadgets that do nothing to enhance the appeal or longevity of the vehicle.
Most are under-engineered, overpriced baubles imo :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back