NEC Motorhome & Caravan Show 15-20 October 2019 - Useful or Interesting Stuff! (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We stayed at the reservoir on Tuesday night, very quiet and a nice meal in the local pub, and now on the temporary site only £20 a night, no electric, but the sun is shining, so no problem.

The Concorde was nice, but it made the Morelo’s seem quite cheap. We spent a lot of time looking at the Palace. The sales team there must be sick and tired of people saying ‘when we win the lottery’ I guess they hear it hundreds of time a day, and they still smile ?

bluebob

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2013
West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013, moved from towing caravans
Did he sit in the drivers seat in drive position? Could not believe that the driving position has you looking right into the solid wall between the windows, even the wife who sits well forward had the same view. Got the sales guy from HIghbridge to sit in position and he was very surprised. Sorry but seeing as much as possible when driving any vehicle is an important buying decision for me. Really disappointed as this was one on my list.
A Rapido M96 automatic with a Mercedes Al-Ko with extra-wide rear track and storage double floor, extra large bed and separate shower (I just asked him:rolleyes:) see My Wife Won’t Let Me posting!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
What do you mean "cheap", Peter OurMoreloLife and I will get an inferiority complex and need counselling :eek:
Reading between the lines Michael my take is that Hotelman thought the Concordes were more expensive compared to Morelo, not that Morelo looked cheap (y)

Anyway, when we win the lottery;) oops I don't do it:D2

Martin

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I find the NEC too hot and bright. Left by 2pm as hot and headachey.
I’m sure they must lose some sales because people are too tired to continue. And there is always a bottleneck between two of the halls.

Felt marginally less busy than last year and the staff were in good spirits. Made the decision I prefer a Concorde to a Morelo.
Maybe your thermostat switched to 'over-heat' and left you feeling all 'Concorde cosy'! :)

The Concorde is a lovely vehicle but maybe more suited to those slightly more mature than youngsters like Micheal and I! :LOL:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I liked the Dethleffs XL premium, but at £135000 it will be when I win the lotto. ::bigsmile:

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Did he sit in the drivers seat in drive position? Could not believe that the driving position has you looking right into the solid wall between the windows, even the wife who sits well forward had the same view. Got the sales guy from HIghbridge to sit in position and he was very surprised. Sorry but seeing as much as possible when driving any vehicle is an important buying decision for me. Really disappointed as this was one on my list.
Ooo no he didn’t (someone had already taken up residence in the seat facing the table). Thanks for that - Dave loves A classes because of how much you can see so will make sure we check this (he is 6ft 5 so will be sitting well back)

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
ALDE, Really?

OK - we need to think of something new because heating systems are basically boring. I know, let's add a voice control to our heating systems!!! Clearly, no motorhomes or caravanned can be bothered to walk one to three metres to adjust the temperature manually?

Brilliant! I wonder how many they will sell?

IMG_6220.jpeg

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
ALDE, Really?

OK - we need to think of something new because heating systems are basically boring. I know, let's add a voice control to our heating systems!!! Clearly, no motorhomes or caravanned can be bothered to walk one to three metres to adjust the temperature manually?

Brilliant! I wonder how many they will sell?

View attachment 339921
I already have too much grief with that arrogant cheeky bitch Alexa, I don't need her sister screwing with my motor home!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
We're back from our visit to the NEC today - bought a small fan so that we can leave the dogs in the van occasionally (not in high heat). Looked at some collapsible buckets with and without lids, sat on a really nice lounger (chair), checked out a lovely folding electric bike, and then Mark spent a lot of time talking technical stuff to various people about items from our wish list!

Yes, I got a bit hot; yes, my feet/legs got a bit uncomfortable (but I am heavily bandaged on one leg).

There was a bonus though and we did manage to save £2.00 when Mark went to get me a bottle of water and found the vending machine was doing free vends - it seems the man in front of him got 9 bottles of coke, we told the people sitting either side of us, one went to get 2 bottles of coke even though his wife told us he doesn't like it and the other side of us sent his wife and kids to get their free drinks!

Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
I’ll check it out tomorrow lol I got a big list on things I need if price is right I’ll have a lot to carry lol

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
We did our 1st visit to the NEC yesterday also. Originally we got tickets as we hoped to find our 1st motorhome there but we ended up finding our dream van at a localish dealer and putting deposit on about 6 weeks ago.

Was pretty overwhelming and very busy! Couldn't get inside a van without 3 other people following you in so I'm quite glad we already have our van chosen as not sure i could have made a clear decision in all the mayhem.

The visit was fun and worthwhile though. We got our fun sticker ready to put in our new van when we get it end of November and we met up with the dealer we got the van from and asked some more questions we had and details of extras we're getting so we could go round the stands that had those extras eg mifi and see the products and ask more indepth questions about those. Also searched out almost the same model van we're getting and had another look over it to ramp up the excitement!

Only one slight spur of the moment purchase was a nifty lightweight fire extinguisher stick gadget as we want to collect the van before we start buying anything to put in it.

Would certainly try to go mid week if attending again i think!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Back from our two day visit to the NEC Show & only just got around everything on our wish list! Do like the buzz of new models & products being launched plus the chance to talk direct to the manufacturers which is the main attraction of the October Show. We did use our free tea & coffee vouchers which helped not only keep us hydrated but also a chance to sit down for a quick break - everyone got a warm welcome at the Adria hospitality area by staff there including the UK MD Slavica Sterk. Only found out who she was as saw her being filmed for the new model launches & realised that she was the friendly lady who was greeting everyone earlier :smiley:
Thursday was bustling but Friday was much busier with queues - definitely worth going earlier in the week if you can & the weekends can be manic.
It was lovely to see Jim & TerryL on the Fun stand - the offer of the free new magazine subscription looked to be very popular & most people on the stands & random visitors that we got talking to were aware of it (y) Looking forward to meeting some of the new members now joining on rallies & meets next year.
We found a few interesting new products, picked up some discount codes & persuaded a couple of manufacturers to offer or look into giving Funster discount so will start posting these here shortly & hope they are of interest to some.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
CAK Tanks free delivery code for UK (zone 1) orders over £30 until 23.55 on Sunday 27 October with code NECSHOW30 & password CakNECShow for orders placed on their website http://leisurelines.net/ . Please note that this excludes toilet chemicals, bulky items, batteries & liquids.

1571580275789.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Doggy Bag https://www.doggy-bag.co.uk/ - many copies available of this well rated microfibre product for drying dogs from small to large but discount code WOM gives 10% off & free delivery off the original ones. Do shop around online though for the size that you want as it may be cheaper elsewhere.

1571580701200.png

1571580742434.png

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back