NEC Motorhome & Caravan Show 15-20 October 2019 - Useful or Interesting Stuff! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Now I am confused, Wombles. Their literature indicates Etrusco are part of the Erwin Hymer Group, their web site indicates a contact at Laika and a salesman at VDL at le Bourget last week said they could be ordered through my local Burstner concessionaire if one of their 22 French concessionaires wasn't close.

However, Etrusco (ETRVSCO) on much of their billboard displays have a range of nine models varying in length from 5.95 metres to 7.40 metres, all with the Citroen 2.2 litre (140 hp) engine. PTAC is 3.5 t and a payload of 547 kg for the bigger ones up to 807 kg for the shorties.. Looking at the info I have, it is possible to up the unladen weight to 3650 kg on all models. NO spare wheel, just a "Fix & Go" kit.

Any questions?

John
Doing a search it looks like Laika & Burstner are now also part of Hymer group so maybe that explains the first bit.

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
************ This offer ends midnight tonight *************

Pair of free day tickets (or goody bag) to the NEC Show when taking out £5 MMM magazine (for 5 issues) https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/promotions/mmm/necoct19/presub/tick?utm_source=Communicator&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=MMM_Tickets_Button_Default&utm_campaign=Fancy+a+FREE+day+out+at+the+NEC''s+Motorhome+&+Caravan+Show?&_ccCt=ejoDG5r3JxKvFvunK_D3B3QciBzxHcRQJCXzpvULhXqb3Q8t0WjJYe~gqpRqXqVn but don't forget to cancel after that if you want to as it goes up to £10.99 a quarter. Being a subscribing member for that short time also gets you £5 off each Warners 2020 Show as they should be available to book then. If anyone decides to subscribe but don't want the tickets sure someone on here can give them a good home :)
Free goody bag alternative option here https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/promotions/MMM/NECOCT19/PRESUB/GIFT?utm_source=Communicator&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=MMM_Gift_Button_Default&utm_campaign=Fancy+a+FREE+day+out+at+the+NEC''s+Motorhome+&+Caravan+Show?&_ccCt=q6qCyRewHaFvFvunK_D3B3QciBzxHcRQJCXzpvULhXqb3Q8t0WjJYe~gqpRqXqVn

Anyone know how tickets are delivered is it eticket or post ? if its post ive messed up lol

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Anyone know how tickets are delivered is it eticket or post ? if its post ive messed up lol
It says by email "To get your FREE pair of show tickets a unique code to print your tickets will be emailed to you before the show. You must bring them along to the show to gain entry."

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Only 2 hours left for the ticket offer....

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
We will be there on Tuesday for another round of tyre kicking, my understanding is that both Morelo and Concorde will be there (y) Morelo will be launching the new Loft in the UK although we have seen it at Dusseldorf and it is a very fine vehicle;)

Good to see Concorde are there also, I couldn’t see them on the dealers list a few weeks ago?
Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I don’t know if they are down as Concorde or Southdowns but they big 3 are all together Concorde Morelo and Niesmann+Bischoff.

Martin

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
i just signed up for the offer -- too late ?? NO - it looks like they are going to honour the tickets as the link is still up and running ......

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Any idea how long it takes for tickets to be E,mailed I need to print them before I leave work this afternoon

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Any idea how long it takes for tickets to be E,mailed I need to print them before I leave work this afternoon
It may not be that quick as they are likely to want to get the Direct Debits confirmed before they email out tickets but having not done this before don't know for definite.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
think I’ve done it by them scanning image on my phone before.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
my e tickets have arrived in an email, even though i didnt subscribe until this morning !

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
Argh. Bought one last month!
Me too! I actually bought two from GasIt for my refillable system. After a bit of farting about, they are working well and give what appears to be accurate readings on my phone via Bluetooth. They are quite pricey, but after a cylinder ran out in the middle of the night causing the fridge alarm to go off, I consider them a good buy ?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Yay! Got the email & printed our tickets (y) There is the option of having them posted when you go through checkout if anyone needs that option.
If you don't plan on having more than the 5 magazines so cancelling the Direct Debit instruction before the further payment date then don't forget to book any Warners Shows first because as a subscribing member that takes £5 off each one! Booking normally opens around December/January. So 5 magazines, 2 free NEC Show tickets & £5 off each 2020 Show all for £5 :)

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
We will be there on Tuesday for another round of tyre kicking, my understanding is that both Morelo and Concorde will be there (y) Morelo will be launching the new Loft in the UK although we have seen it at Dusseldorf and it is a very fine vehicle;)

Tickets booked with Caravan and Camping Club discount code plus "old fart's" over 60 discount, the Caravan and Motorhome Club were £0.50 dearer per ticket:D2

Martin
Martin it says on the exhibitors list new Loft to be launched on Thursday 17th can’t imagine they keep it under wraps until then, or is it just a sales gimmick ?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin it says on the exhibitors list new Loft to be launched on Thursday 17th can’t imagine they keep it under wraps until then, or is it just a sales gimmick ?
No I am sure they will be showing it all week it will just be a glitz and glamour job, I think a couple of years ago when they officially launched the Palace they did it with some sort of grand unveiling on a stage.

Martin

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
No I am sure they will be showing it all week it will just be a glitz and glamour job, I think a couple of years ago when they officially launched the Palace they did it with some sort of grand unveiling on a stage.

Martin
Thanks better to look at any other time then :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Article on the 2020 Hymer DuoCar S - production models now available after concept was launched a couple of years ago. Full spec. here

1570823205174.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If you are on the mailing list for Adria you should have been emailed a personalised print off voucher for free tea/coffee on their stand in Hall 7. So that's an afternoon drink break & sit down as well as the morning Swift one :) Know it's not a huge saving but they all add up plus having somewhere to sit can be rare there when it's busy & refreshment breaks help make a long day more enjoyable.

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
I won’t be going, I’ll just end up buying stuff I don’t really need. If I was thinking of buying a new motorhome or some accessory then yes but I’ve just had a new one so won’t be going for at least 2 years.
The show isn’t my favourite place to be as it’s too busy, full of people window shopping with no intention on buying.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I won’t be going, I’ll just end up buying stuff I don’t really need. If I was thinking of buying a new motorhome or some accessory then yes but I’ve just had a new one so won’t be going for at least 2 years.
The show isn’t my favourite place to be as it’s too busy, full of people window shopping with no intention on buying.
We bought a new PVC last year so definitely not going to buy one! For us it's more fun looking from that position but we have an interest in new products & accessories so it's a bit of a hobby for us :blusher:
Wouldn't want to go to the Show at the weekend as it is crazily busy but weekdays are mostly fine especially at either end of the day. Each year we are shocked by how many just spot what they like the look of & queue up to buy it handing over large sums of money having done little or no research & without negotiating the price. Maybe this year will be different with the new VED tax but guess many won't be aware.

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Drinks offers printed, tickets printed.. we will be there on Wednesday

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Haven't seen Etrusco motorhomes https://www.etrusco.com/ before but part of Hymer group & like some others they have "Vans" which are van width low profile coachbuilt models:

View attachment 338058
These narrow models seem to be getting more common now as are the bathrooms with swing across walls that transform it into a shower cubicle - must both be popular options.
Just to mention for those who are considering this they are not 'van width' at 2.14m wide, a van is 2.05m, so it's a little bit misleading for them to imply they are the same, they are narrow but not the same as a van at 9cm more, approx 3½ inches, but certainly a bit narrower than a lot of others.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We bought a new PVC last year so definitely not going to buy one! For us it's more fun looking from that position but we have an interest in new products & accessories so it's a bit of a hobby for us :blusher:
Wouldn't want to go to the Show at the weekend as it is crazily busy but weekdays are mostly fine especially at either end of the day. Each year we are shocked by how many just spot what they like the look of & queue up to buy it handing over large sums of money having done little or no research & without negotiating the price. Maybe this year will be different with the new VED tax but guess many won't be aware.
Seeing the latest posts on Facebook for the Show it looks like many may spot the tax hike as some manufacturers like Autotrail below are offering "VED rollback" as their Show Offer:

1570958837967.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Solar power when off grid camping is our preferred choice but know some need a generator especially in the winter months & the brands we normally see mentioned on here are top of the range Honda & budget Kipor but now Hyundai are targeting the camping market with their range of pure sine wave suitcase inverter generators with ratings from 1000w-4000w, running off petrol or optionally LPG with a 2 year warranty, :

1570959420640.png

Large range on manufacturers web page from £314.99 https://hyundaipowerequipment.co.uk/generators/leisure-inverter/ but shopping around online the base P1 P1000i model is as low as £269.99 delivered so worth comparing when looking at any offers on the stand & free WiFi is available in the NEC.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back