Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
It's all interesting stuff and indeed we have just bought a foreign MH chausson 610 flash which is just all we wanted.
When we were looking for a new MH, also noting the prices, I could not understand why people would buy an expensive MH which has e.g. double floors ideal no doubt for cold weather etc when owners don't go to cold areas, I do understand people who spend a lot of money on everything, they of course have a lot of money. However, most people don't have a lot of money so probably the reason we don't buy foreign expensive motorhomes is as simple as that.
This is not a dig at anyone and I am only talking about new motorhomes.
I do know that expensive doesn't mean it won't breakdown of course.
Etap

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The issue for us is the right layout on the right chassis. Country of origin is not the issue, although quality of build is a necessary requirement. The AutoSleeper Burford Duo on a Merc is the perfect layout for us but with comes with really crap storage. The solution mentioned at the NEC was a Fiamma box, so that's an option we hadn't thought of. Although we have explained that the MH may be sold elsewhere, so far all the sales people really want to do the deal as a PX. It has also been confirmed that the price will rise at the end of October by £1500.
It would certainly be more entertaining watching you do wheelies away from the lights and then wiping out the cyclists and second lane cars on sharp turns with the box on the back even worse.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I like that AS van in question ! Looks ace " But if they put a garage out back would it not add the the weight contained in the overhang if it were stacked out with kit ? Maybe that's why they didn't do it ?

I also agree with the comments that a storage box might not be the best idea for the reasons above.

Still one mighty fine van that though !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It would certainly be more entertaining watching you do wheelies away from the lights and then wiping out the cyclists and second lane cars on sharp turns with the box on the back even worse.

So funny..even if it is true. A caravan would be a breeze in comparison. ferry ramps will get very interesing as well:D

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Someone from Auto sleeper told me it is the VERY LONGEST body that Mercedes would permit them to use, after that a tag axle would be needed behind the driving axle. Probably need extra batteries in the front.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
They DO supply corner steadies on all these models, I have visions of LARGE couples making it rather tail heavy, but I still like the other models they make, the quality is very good and they have my favourite base model And I still might buy another model than the Burford duo. There again is a Hymer available as it is a lot lighter.. The ting about a popular model is that they know they will sell them, a bit like Chausson 610 , no discount and a premium on extras. Thing is that the popularity also helps you sell yours secondhand to the less financially well off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Not quite correct GwayGway, we received a discount for cash and the same on the three extras we ordered on our 610 chausson.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back