NEC 21-26 Feb 2017, Info Needed If Poss from Anyone Going! (1 Viewer)

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
If anyone is going to the NEC, could they let me know if there are any TAG Axle Rapido's there i.e. 10000 or 10001? We have seen the 9000 which is very similar. Just would like to see one in person if we can, if there is none there (which i doubt there is as there wasnt in October) we may not go ourselves on Friday. For some reason they are few and far between.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Suggest ringing the 8 UK Rapido dealers http://www.rapido-motorhome.co.uk/distributeur-camping-cars-rapido.php to see which are going to the Show & what models they are taking? Please post your findings as may help other Funsters thinking of going :)
None of those dealers have any 10000's in stock hence my post, i was hoping Rapido themselves may be taking some as i always thought that the manufacturers sometimes supply the motorhomes and not just the dealers. However if you are correct then i already know the answer :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
None of those dealers have any 10000's in stock hence my post, i was hoping Rapido themselves may be taking some as i always thought that the manufacturers sometimes supply the motorhomes and not just the dealers. However if you are correct then i already know the answer :)
The manufacturers supply them through the dealers & each spot on the stand is allocated so not likely :( Will look on Thursday (will try to remember :unsure:) & if anyone goes on the Rapido stand sooner hopefully they will report back.
We have been hoping to see a Globecar Summit but this will be the second NEC Show where they don't have one - massive sales of these in Europe but no stock to see in UK!

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
The manufacturers supply them through the dealers & each spot on the stand is allocated so not likely :( Will look on Thursday (will try to remember :unsure:) & if anyone goes on the Rapido stand sooner hopefully they will report back.
We have been hoping to see a Globecar Summit but this will be the second NEC Show where they don't have one - massive sales of these in Europe but no stock to see in UK!
Interesting - hadn't heard of the Globecar Summit before, but just looked it up. Appears they have done away with the bathroom which extends across the central corridor in the van. And it looks as though there are at least two models the 640 and 600?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Interesting - hadn't heard of the Globecar Summit before, but just looked it up. Appears they have done away with the bathroom which extends across the central corridor in the van. And it looks as though there are at least two models the 640 and 600?
Yep - Summit 600 & 640 Broken Link Removed got rid of the centre shower & have a very clever new bathroom arrangement where right hand panel swings across to form a shower cubicle (y) Have seen similar on other German models but this looks especially viable.
This hasn't been aimed at the UK market yet but can be ordered - we have been pushing for one to be on demo in UK but not likely until this October & that's not definite as dealers think the price point of the H Line is off-putting?!

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Apologies @zac for hijacking your thread a bit with above :blusher:
Yes, apologies from me too, for going off topic!

And the bathroom arrangement looks good. We've got a fairly standard bathroom in our Rapido PVC (not across the central corridor) that we bought last year and it works well for us. But ours just has a curtain for the shower, which is a bit old school these days. ;)

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
As the 1st day is nearly over, i thought i would bump this just in case anyone has been :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back