Nearly time to hit the road again .... Switzerland & Italy queries (1 Viewer)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
We paid 32SF at the border for a year pass that allows you 10 days in Switzerland.. not stopped raining yet.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well ... its nearly time ... after putting it back a week tomorrow is D-day! Can't wait to get on the Chunnel crossing and finally get away and out of the UK! :D2

Mum is as 'happy' as she's ever gonna be so nothing, I repeat NOTHING, is going to stop us! :Grin:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Go over the great st Bernard pass leads into aosta. This where they filmed the original Italian job. Don't take the tunnel at the top and it goes up to 2600 plus metres. Don't be tempted to stay in the aire/prison yard at aosta ! Allow a day for all the stops and Martigny in Switzerland has free parking to set off from. Enjoy

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
A little bit of 'good' news ... hubby rang the DVLA tonight and the chap has confirmed that they won't be returning the DD payment and we are definitely taxed for August but we need to re-tax in on 1st September ... we'll have to make sure we're not in some remote place so I can get an internet connection!
Can you not put it on Direct Debit monthly?? BUSBY..

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can you not put it on Direct Debit monthly?? BUSBY..
Yes, that's what we had originally but as we've closed the bank account it was linked to we have to set it up again and despite it being cancelled at the end of July DVLA still took the payment on 1st August so we couldn't tax it then otherwise we'd have ended up with it taxed twice for this month, that's why we've got to re-do it at the beginning of September.

Just gotta remember to do it and hope we've got an internet connection! :D

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Must say the couple of times I've been into Italy in the summer I have taken the Mont Cenis or Mont Genevre passes. No need to go into Switzerland and no tolls, and very scenic. I did once take the Frejus tunnel, incredibly expensive, and no view, never again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just saying hi ... Stopped at Bergues last night, nice site and nice potter with the dogs round the town and some of the ramparts. Hit the road today and after getting a few bits and bobs from Lidl and Le Clerc we've arrived at Fourneau St Michel near St Hubert in Belgium, it's a spot we've been to before so we've had a forage and got some wild mushrooms which we had for tea and also some apples, its currently hissing it down though! Helped out another Brit who's sat nav had gone kaput so we've sold him one of our spare TomToms for €30 which has all the European mapping, POIs etc on - he's a very happy bunny now!

Anyway, gonna b*gger off as the batteries are nearly flat on my MIFI and laptop!

Will pop on again when I get the chance in a day or so.

Bonne nuit mes amis! :sleep:

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
If you pass by Freiburg , its worth a look, was there last week and will go back.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Now at the aire at Pirmasens, a small multi-use car park with concrete blocks with grass growing through them, next to a nice green area with some trees and near the lake - it keeps raining so only a quick potter between the drizzle at present, hopefully will clear up by morning. Confusing sign on aire as it seems to indicate it costs €7 a night, but then another bit says it's free ... anyway found out it's free and I think the €7 is if you want services. Lots of rain, rain and more rain as we passed through Luxembourg, diesel currently 96.8c a litre so topped up, got 86 litres in ... its great to have a long range tank! :D

Forgot to say that yesterday we saw a garage selling LPG at 38c a litre but we didn't need any! :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If you pass by Freiburg , its worth a look, was there last week and will go back.
No-where near it this time, but I'm sure we've been in the past anyway ... I'll have to have a rummage in my photos to check!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just a quick update on where we've been! On Saturday (yesterday) we had a lot of driving to do again to get further South and had some horrendous traffic jams so came off and got some shopping and had lunch at Lidl before venturing back on, fortunately as we kept to the normal roads for a while we cut out a load of the motorway jam! There was another jam a bit further on but we scooted off through a large parking area and cut out loads of it. :D

Last night we stopped at Oy-Mittleberg just a few km off the motorway, nice place with lovely views near the sports fields etc and the dogs had a lovely romp in the rough grass, with Tazzy going into daft mode and running around like her tail was on fire! It absolutely threw it down in the evening though with a massive thunder storm ... Lily didn't know where to put herself, poor bairn. No internet at all there so couldn't see what you lot had been up to!

This morning was warm and sunny so the dogs had another potter round and we set off on another longish drive down past Fussen and into Austria where we got cheap fuel at €1.094 then of course saw it a bit cheaper later at €1.079 as you do! (n) Went southwards on the 179/189/140 to Landeck then the 180 and topped up with fuel again before leaving Austria but it was €1.129, still cheaper than Italy though! ON to the 40 into Italy and the left onto the 38 to Silandro (Schlanders) MH parking near the sports centre, nice spot with quite a few other MHs.

Gonna have to leave it at that now as the laptop's nearly flat and my 12v charger has died so will have to dig out the mains one! :rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back