Nearly finished faffing with the van!!!! sanity check please!!! (Its a toilet question!!) (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I take it that this is a more modern "CAN BUS" multiplexed wiring circuit, with "receivers" switching lights on signal from the switch on the control board? The old standard wired systems are far more robust and easier to fix or bypass, with all you need easily accessible on the plugs behind the board.

The water system and pump must be standard wiring though due to the amount of current needed. So I would fit a jumper cable from a live source to the water system feed on that plug. That will solve one issue. The multiplexed low voltage lighting could be a major headache and need rewiring to delete the receivers
I don't think it's CAN BUS as such, the CBE system consists of a Control panel and a 12v distribution box, within the distribution box is a circuit board (the bit playing up I think) which controls the switching of individual circuits and then send the power I believe via the plugs in the distribution box which are all shown in the manuals online and an example in post#10, the CBE system further groups the electrical items in priority and in the event of low battery it will selectively isolate the least important circuits first ultimately shutting everything down to protect the batteries from deep discharge, if my basic understanding is correct the +ve and -ve to the various circuits are all in the box.

We don't have our Flair anymore so I am not in a position to experiment ;)

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
I don't think it's CAN BUS as such, the CBE system consists of a Control panel and a 12v distribution box, within the distribution box is a circuit board (the bit playing up I think) which controls the switching of individual circuits and then send the power I believe via the plugs in the distribution box which are all shown in the manuals online and an example in post#10, the CBE system further groups the electrical items in priority and in the event of low battery it will selectively isolate the least important circuits first ultimately shutting everything down to protect the batteries from deep discharge, if my basic understanding is correct the +ve and -ve to the various circuits are all in the box.

We don't have our Flair anymore so I am not in a position to experiment ;)
Martin, That is absolutely correct and a much better way of describing it!!!

I've emailed a company in Shrewsbury that may be able to re solder it. If that fails, I will start pulling cables and seeing what can be done!!

I'm too stubborn to let this not get fixed and too tight to get N&B to do it!!!!

Everything is working again today. I am now certain its a loose connection on the board.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin, That is absolutely correct and a much better way of describing it!!!

I've emailed a company in Shrewsbury that may be able to re solder it. If that fails, I will start pulling cables and seeing what can be done!!

I'm too stubborn to let this not get fixed and too tight to get N&B to do it!!!!

Everything is working again today. I am now certain its a loose connection on the board.
Worth getting it working as it should for sure (y) and you do seem that close it would be a shame to fall at the last hurdle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
intermittent faults can be the absolute worst to trace, but can often be a dry solder joint or a corroded/scorched or loose wire. Very often on the ground/negative side of the circuit, therefore giving multiple faults from one point of failure. The very basic first test that a technician does is to "wiggle" the wires one at a time and observing any effect seen

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
All this talk scares me away from new vans. I understand the 12v in live and neg stuff, and can’t really see any benefit from making it more complicated.

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
I think I have figured it out!!!!!

I couldn't see this when the board was in!!! hidden by cables. I have someone looking at the soldering etc tomorrow. perhaps they can change out the capacitors etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 20210923_172733.jpg
    20210923_172733.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
I've handed the offending part over to a tech whizz and hopefully he can replace the bits on the board!!

As an aside, I had a knock in the door today with someone offering to buy the van. Apparently, his dad had seen it and wants it!! Irish guy middle aged. Offered me 40k straight off the bat

if he offers me 5k more i may just let him have it!!!!!

And I currently have the best anti theft device fitted!!! without the DS board, nothing will ever work again!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back