Nearly brought an illegal back to UK! (1 Viewer)

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
I occasionally watch the Border Patrol TV programs and find it unbeleavable that if caught carrying a clandestine the driver is fined also his company but the clandestine is allowed to walk away scot free, if this isn't a good way for the authorities to make money I don't know what isn't.:whistle2:

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We came back on Saturday evening. Only allowed hubby to stop an hour away from calais to get some water !! To be honest, our motorhome was stopped, put into a bay, checked, exrayed and then allowed thro. The otherside was all barbed wire, dogs and police so not sure how anyone could get into that part. We also checked under our van for we left for the ramp. Didn't seem to be any bother along the way.

Shazzy44

Free Member
Jul 28, 2013
Leigh lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Came back yesterday evening after seeing an illegal climb into another M/H bike rack at Cite de Europe, I beeped the horn and up he popped and ran off...we ourselves got stopped at customs, just a couple of questions asked and we were sent on our way, no check of the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
it was on the news tonite.its horrendous in Calais,about 1500 immigrants trying to get over to the uk on trucks and motorhomes.dont know where its gonna end,:mad: I don't think it will in my lifetime.Mo make sure you have got your garage is full of Spanish white to prevent them getting in there.:cool:jokin apart though it is a very serious situation.
brian and jo

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Came through Calais ferry port on Wednesday morning.

Lots of police activity just short of Port, on motorway . Police vans on roundabout at entrance to Port.

No signs of anyone being stopped or searched. We passed straight through passport control etc with no checks at all, other than presenting passports.
No sign of any checks by Customs at Dover either.

In June came back via tunnel. My wife had broken her leg in a cycling mishap and, as her leg was in a rigid splint, she was travelling in the back. British control insisted on entering van to check she matched her passport photo etc. Very pleasant and polite and sympathised with her plight. Job well done!

We have no problem with extra security but, unfortunately, security is only as good as the people enforcing it.

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
it was on the news tonite.its horrendous in Calais,about 1500 immigrants trying to get over to the uk on trucks and motorhomes.dont know where its gonna end,:mad: I don't think it will in my lifetime.Mo make sure you have got your garage is full of Spanish white to prevent them getting in there.:cool:jokin apart though it is a very serious situation.
brian and jo

Hi Brian, It's just a 'game' to the clandestines with NO punishment or penalty if caught attempting to enter the UK and as long as that continues not only will they keep trying but more will join them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mack100

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Hi Brian, It's just a 'game' to the clandestines with NO punishment or penalty if caught attempting to enter the UK and as long as that continues not only will they keep trying but more will join them.
What punishment would you consider appropriate?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I thought the Israelis had Clandestine all in order.
Why are they coming here?:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back