Near to Chamonix for one night (1 Viewer)

cts1975

Free Member
Sep 4, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'ma newbie
We are driving down to Rome from the UK using Eurotunnel and our first overnight stop on route will be somewhere near Chamonix. Can anybody recommend a site somewhere between Bourg-en-Bresse and Chamonix? Anything considered but would prefer hook up at least.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Sounds like you are in a rush, if just a quick over night , check camper contact app for an aire , some have electrics but you shouldn’t need it for one night

they also list sites

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We stayed at Camping Les 2 Glaciers for a night before going through the tunnel. Nice litte campsite.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
There is lakeside parking at Nantua but no hookup.

Mind you, looking a google maps, Bourg-en-Bresse to Chamonix would itself be a day’s driving for us. As said above, I think use Camper Contact for an overnight stop depending on how far you get and the conditions.

OP
OP
cts1975

cts1975

Free Member
Sep 4, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'ma newbie
Thanks for the replies so far. I will research the suggested options. :smiley:

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Nice Aaire in the wonderful town of St Gervais les Bains

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
As you get to the roundabout for the tunnel. Carry on straight ahead, after crossing over the railway line at the roundabout turn right. Continue for around 1 kilometre and you will see an area on your left where there will be quite a few motorhomes parked up. Handy for the town and the tunnel. You will have passed the MBC (micro brewery Chamonix) good burgers here. However for a very good pint go to Big Mountain Brewing bar. Not trying to push it but both the brewery (Big Mountain) and the bar are my lad’s. I’ll be there next month. Just to do some quality testing.
There is also a large car park on your right either just after the tunnel roundabout or the just after the next roundabout. Loads of motorhomes will be parked in that one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back