Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
Has anyone done the NC500 in the north of Scotland?, looking at doing it this year but i know what some of the roads are like up at that part of the world.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We have not specifically followed the route but have covered most of it while towing our toad and have found no problems. The very narrow roads have loads of passing places and you can often see any approaching vehicles from miles ahead.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
You will be fine .... you can go anywhere that a fire engine, bin wagon or brewery wagon goes. DavidG58 was up Durness in his Hymer earlier this year. Seen lots of motorhomes up there. Just look ahead and use passing places. We had to wait quite a while for postman pat to drive around a sea lock once but there is nothing to rush for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Well.. it's Not Route 66 .. that is for sure..

Caithness is bleak and wild.. and quite boring... just my opinion..

Better to go up the west coast and onto the Western Isles .. the scenery and the beaches are spectacular..

My trip: Cross to from Ardrossan to Arran, then ferry to Lochranza, (this avoids the tourist trap of Loch Lomond) follow the coast to Oban , Fort William, Mallaig then up to Skye and if time permits.. ferry to Harris

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back