Free Member
Oct 17, 2016
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 679
Exp
Since Oct 2016
This has probably been asked a million times so apologies now. Being new to this motorhoming malarkey we always went to Cumbria in feb with our caravan. This February I was thinking of doing the NC 500 and I was wondering if there is a route that includes places to overnight etc as I'm a bit nervous about going round in blind as it were.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
It'll be draughty up there in February but quiet compared with summer, probably a good time to go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
It is near enough all A roads, they do not have many up there. So I guess they do try very hard to keep them all open in times of snow, ice etc. However it is not too long ago that Altnahara in the highlands was snowed in for a while. Bear this in mind if thinking of going in February. I have done this area on motor bikes in cars and in the motorhome for years. The route is not new but the marketing of it is. I would think most sites will be closed but there are literally loads of places to overnight. It would take all night to list them here.If you get snowed in help is quite possibly a long way away. If you go for it please put a write up of your trip on here. Have a great trip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back