Navigation integrated with Music (1 Viewer)

Who Me

Free Member
May 23, 2017
Shrops
Funster No
MH
Van
Exp
since 2008
Does anyone have a solution for a satellite navigation that integrates with a music player so that the music pauses when a navigation direction is given.

My Garmin 660 does it but Garmin no longer produce new maps for it so I will need to change at some point.

Does not need to be a dedicated sat nav solution either.

Cheers
Paul

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
I use my android hudl. The sat nav bit is Osmand mapping and when i play music thro the tablet it is interuppted by the osmand software when a navigation instruction is given.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I have the Garmin Camper 660 LMT and just downloaded new maps. That must be over 4 years old and BTW
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Who Me

Free Member
May 23, 2017
Shrops
Funster No
MH
Van
Exp
since 2008
I use my android hudl. The sat nav bit is Osmand mapping and when i play music thro the tablet it is interuppted by the osmand software when a navigation instruction is given.
I will take a look at this Thanks

OP
OP
W

Who Me

Free Member
May 23, 2017
Shrops
Funster No
MH
Van
Exp
since 2008
While I think about it, have you used the maps around Europe and if so how have you found them to perform.
PG

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Does anyone have a solution for a satellite navigation that integrates with a music player so that the music pauses when a navigation direction is given.

I use TomTom on my iPad Mini (and on my phone sometimes), connected via Bluetooth to the head unit (wired options exist).

This gives me my entire music collection, playing through the car speakers, along with a large satnav screen and exactly as required, the music volume drops to 10% while satnav voices and alerts are spoken, the music volume then returns to normal.

Added bonus of the iPad having an internet connection whilst driving means I also get realtime traffic updates and suggested faster routes etc.

OP
OP
W

Who Me

Free Member
May 23, 2017
Shrops
Funster No
MH
Van
Exp
since 2008
Cheers Roger the more options the better for me to decide on what could work best for us.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
While I think about it, have you used the maps around Europe and if so how have you found them to perform.
PG

Yes i have used around europe. We have a sd card in the hudl. We keep all the maps on this and copy the country we are in onto the hudl. This way we have room for lots of countrys without running out of space on the hudl. We use es file explorer to copy the files. Mapping we find good, not perfect but always adequate. Also can search for lidl etc.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We have the Garmin 760 ... we play music via Bluetooth to the stereo .. but the 760 can't play music... it doesn't cause us any real issues though.
We use Waze sometimes in the cars.. it now integrates with spotify .. which is quite kool.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back