Navibuzz 7" Truck Satnav Updates (1 Viewer)

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Here is the latest message from them........

dear buyer,

Sorry for the inconvenience, our supplier said that now the latest maps version is 2014, Q4. We will urge them to update the maps as soon as possible, could you please wait some more days ? and we would like to apply 3GBP for you as compensation, what do you think ?

best regards

Lillian

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
John, thank you, I know how it all works, except as I have already said, moons ago, in anger I must admit, I consigned the unit to the bin. I am just seeing what I can get from the Navvvvs after other members problems. In my post above, I mentioned people should pm me for the files, Hopefully they will be able to report back.
hi Mike thanks for the link. despite trying multiple times it keeps timing out with a network issue

?

Deleted User
Here is the latest message from them........

dear buyer,

Sorry for the inconvenience, our supplier said that now the latest maps version is 2014, Q4. We will urge them to update the maps as soon as possible, could you please wait some more days ? and we would like to apply 3GBP for you as compensation, what do you think ?

best regards

Lillian
Is the maps you want the HERE maps? I have 2015 Q3 and if you use Torrents i have the download file you could use. The files are .fbl .fda .fsp .fpa on some country's. West and East Europe inc Russia and Turkey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Great effort guys, thanks. I will follow this thread and hopefully one day read that the files are available.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
I have replied to them that they have sold me something under false pretences, and that I require the refund of my money. :sneaky:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Since sending them my last e-mail on 23 January I've received 5 automatic Read responses (including two today) but nothing else.

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
Broken Link Removed where did you get your 2015 files from. I got 2014 from kick*** torrents that's the only ones i could find on there.

?

Deleted User
Broken Link Removed where did you get your 2015 files from. I got 2014 from kick*** torrents that's the only ones i could find on there.

TBH i cant remember but i have the torrent file. Ill see if i can send you it in a PM failing that PM me an e mail address and ill mail it to you.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Maybe the software comes from here. Looked the same when I saw it today.
20160205_141902.jpg

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@GJH. So it would only take one person to buy a falcon for the updates then...£1 a head :whistle:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
I am still on this. Their latest run of replies, want me to return the unit for repair ? I replied, so far many times, that it is not broken and does not need repair, simply map updates, that they have admitted they cannot supply.

So, it would seem they want me to return it to update it with maps they have not got, indeed, never have had. o_O Their reply was they are chasing their supplier.

I have several times now demanded my money back. They only ever respond with their standard statement of it's over two months, it must be returned for repair. Now please start reading this post again.

Two days ago, I sent them the seven day letter, requiring my money back. I am probably weeeeeeeeeing in the wind. :love:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hope you get somewhere! Has anyone actually put a claim into Ebay or Paypal for a request of refund?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hope you get somewhere! Has anyone actually put a claim into Ebay or Paypal for a request of refund?
I have in the past. Painless and successful. There is a time limit though. Basically if you state the item is not as described and say what you expect the seller to do about it eBay will await his response. If the response is unsatisfactory eBay will refund.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I'm not reading the whole thread again but I think there were a few requests for refunds mentioned earlier but probably only for faulty units. Those of us who are complaining about the unavailability of updates are probably content to use them while they are still working.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
And, of course, you would not be!(y)
Might be a problem anyway with the software \ map data tied to a specific unit?
No, I wouldn't but others might, hence the qualification :)

I suppose any problem would be in the area of cracking any encryption on the map files and I haven't a clue what that might involve. However, if it were easy one has to wonder why the Chinese suppliers have not done so to keep their maps up to date.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The picture tells me that is iGO8 software. Old hat now even if the sat nav is new 8 most iGO8 is most certainly not.
With a sat nav (as with most computer applications) having accurate data and fixing any software errors are more important than the age of the software. Newer versions may have more features (the value of some of which could be debatable) but if the old version still meets the user's requirements there is no need for a newer one.

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
my 3 year old chinese sat nav got us down to benidorm and back non toll roads (seating in euro tunnel terminal at mo) just one hiccup it reset it self just out side benidorm other wise its done the job

?

Deleted User
Im not saying old stuff wont work but why buy a new sat nav with old software in it. I would not buy a laptop with windows 98 installed. Would you be happy with a new Tomtom or whatever with 2002 maps?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Im not saying old stuff wont work but why buy a new sat nav with old software in it. I would not buy a laptop with windows 98 installed. Would you be happy with a new Tomtom or whatever with 2002 maps?
As I said, the accuracy of the data is more important than the software age. Thus, old software with 2016 maps is acceptable but new software with 2002 maps is not.

Just to clear the matter up I've sent a message to Falcon asking which iGo version the device uses :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just had a thought so used the CEOemail web site to find the e-mail address of the Broken Link Removed. I've sent her the full details in an e-mail.
At long last, just received this from eBay:
Thank you for contacting Tanya Lawler. My name is Chet and on behalf of our Corporate Office, I will be addressing your concerns.

I would first like to apologize for the delay in receiving a response to your message. As we've been receiving many emails lately, we're answering them as quickly as possible - we appreciate you patience.

Having reviewed your complaint (as well as the reported member's account) at length, I understand your concern as it relates to the offered map updates. Regarding these concerns, I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. As we have no way of knowing if a seller is fulfilling their warranties without their buyers notifying us, your correspondence is genuinely appreciated.

I will be passing your message along to our Policy Management team who will review these concerns and take the appropriate action. While it can be difficult to understand the scope of member's that are impacted here, we will take whatever action is deemed appropriate by our site guidelines. While, per our Privacy Policy, we're unable share the results of an investigation into another member's account - I can assure you this matter will be carefully reviewed.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.
The best outcome will be a finding that the software and maps are legitimate and map updates will be resumed properly. We shall have to wait and see I suppose :)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i actually got hold of a newer set of igo maps a few days back. not having my satnav to hand for a few weeks though I cant test them yet but will report back when i do

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
the software for these chinese sat navs are readily available for free on the internet wether it be for car versions or in my case truck based sat nav. just ask Mr Google

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I bought another one recently they do the job well enough for me and at the price what do you expect

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Doing a bit of Googling this afternoon I came across a UK based company (Lancashire as far as I can fathom) offering a similar sat nav. On the web site (obviously a mistake as it is no longer there) was a link to their mapping update site (which turned out to be in Shenzhen, surprise surprise) together with account name and password to get in. Having nothing better to do I followed the link and (eventually, seemed to be a slow server) downloaded the UK map files to find there was no .ftr file.

I contacted the company to tell them their Truck sat nav would not work properly without the .ftr file and in reply they said "We will certainly look in to this as we were not aware of the lack of .ftr file in the updates.".

It looks like the mapping supply is suspect not only for retail units but also for wholesale units sold to UK companies for re-badging and selling on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back