Navibuzz 7" Truck Satnav Updates (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Hi
out of curiosity I checked out the navitotal.com website, registered and down loaded several European map files. UK France spain Portugal and all contain ftr files. and are dated 4th q 2015-they are from a Russian source and appear to be pirated copies . all the eastern european maps are available. I havenet tried them in my sat nav yet -due to available time. but they look to be the correct truck files. They comprise ftr, fsp ,fsa and fbl files for each country. Not sure if I need them all

I looked there after your post but the site is like walking through treacle. I found various q's and dates and left a slow download going when I went to bed, this morning it's failed so can't see what files were in there. I'll have another go sometime.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
That wasn't my experience-several of the downloads were very quick -I downloaded them on my laptop whilst watching the tv so in all may have taken 2 hrs for most of the european and uk maps, but have yet to try them out on the satvav

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I noticed on the Navitotal website that although map files were available for downloading, there were several requests for licences. Others commented on failed downloads, or corrupt files.

There is a closed Facebook group on these Chinese Truck Sat Navs, and some on there are having the same problems with the Lifetime Updates websites, re missing files. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I'm really pleased with my satnav but am slightly concerned by what I read here. There are a lot of us with them so we should probably get our heads together and decide how to deal with the 2 issues as I see it.

1 we have devices which will increasingly become useless and need to source updates
2 these fraudsters need to be stopped from selling any more units.

I'm not convinced eBay will be much help for a start..

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I've had no response so unless the CEO is taking her time looking into the issue you're not wrong.

I dd just discover that my OH bought me mine from Amazon instead.. Will do some digging this week I think..

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
OK trying not to sound smug but could, no doubt, be interpreted as such so, sorry!

When looking to update \ upgrade my previous sat-nav seriously considered the Chinese units being discussed on Fun but always had reservations on how these could be sold at such a low price and that doesn't say the mainstream units from, eg Tom Tom, Garmin, etc are not over-priced however, eventually stuck with Garmin.

For those who have purchased these units and want to continue to use them, but with updated maps, might iGo or whoever be interested in providing, at a cost, an option to have your unit brought into "genuine status" and supply a lifetime map provision? I doubt it but may be worth an e-mail to them explaining that you bought in good faith and it has just come to light that the supplier was acting illegally and selling a pirated version of their software \ map data. A bit like buying a pc with pirated Windows software where you could buy a genuine copy and install it. Having said that, the cost may be prohibitive and it could be cheaper buying a whole new sat nav.

As said at the beginning, not trying to sound smug as fraud of this nature truly pi**** me off and just hope you guys get something sorted out.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
This is what I've just downloaded, they look the part but I'll scan them before doing any more. What do you get on Western Europe, I usually download individual countries?

I clicked on the "Hidden Content" message and registered which takes you to the download content.

TomTom 2015.09 EUROPA

Incidentally I like the new link to similar threads bottom of Fun page, I'd forgotten this was ringing alarm bells a year ago.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
VAT Fraud
Link to ebay sellers with no VAT No. .. .. Navibuzz
162 navibuzz £283,848.00 sales

Broken Link Removed

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It's just been pointed out to me that
Naviextras is the official support site (which won't work for the pirate software), the software/maps hosted on Navitotal is all illegitimate, though, for the less ethical, there is a chance that map downloads from there MAY work with the Chinese units (it all depends on how the various items have been "cracked")

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The way I see this, I've had two years of reliable use out of a hookey Navibuzz satnav which cost me £40 and allowed me two free map updates before the current 'crisis' arose. I loaded USA maps before a vacation in the States last year and it saved me $200 on satnav rental from the hire car company. It's still working on 2014 map data and will hopefully do me another year or two before it dies.

Come on, fellas ... what did you expect? Seriously? There was never any doubt in my mind that the map files were pirated and the 'lifetime updates' promise was never more than advertising fluff. Build a bridge.

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
I've been reading the above arguements for and against the chinese sat nav and for £40 it's a non brainer.As a lorry driver i use my sat nav daily with up to 12 deliveries and it failed once with a low bridge in Ely.Not bad in 2years. At last years peterborough show lunarman kindly upgraded my software to a newer one ( had a big red truck as the load screen).
After reading these blogs I decided to look elsewhere on the internet and found IGOR PRIMO TRUCK it has a blue Iveco as the loading screen.
The version is 9.6.13.405512 it has lorry settings and bus and coach. It shows that it has traffic reciver software (TMC) built in.
The download was unzipped with 430 files and 17 folders at 2.85 gb.
I've used it for 3 days on lorry setting no probs .Using ASCI book it located a site in hungary ,greece and denmark and gave campsite details.
So there is software out there you can get and copy straight to root file and bingo it works.
I think some people out there just want too much from a £40 sat nav. How many £40 sat nav can you get for £300??

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I think some people out there just want too much from a £40 sat nav.
When some of us bought them they cost rather more than £40, giving the impression that the price was low because of cheap hardware running legit software. Cheap hardware running pirate software should be closer to 4 quid :D

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
As said in an earlier post I'm quite happy with the satnav and will continue to use it with the 2014 mapping and possibly the later ones just downloaded if they work. The arguement for the majority of us now is that Navibuzz, and it appears, others in the market are continuing to offer these units with the promise of free lifetime updates, a promise they cannot fulfil, and amounts to fraudulent selling practises.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I asked them directly and this was the reply.....................

New message from: navibuzz (107,621)
Hi buyer,

Yes ,this software and mapping is legal and not pirated.

Let's keep in touch.

Regard,

Miracle

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Hi buyer,

Let's keep in touch.

Regard,

Miracle
Were they having a Mandy Rice-Davis moment? :D I also asked them directly and they've ignored my message (automatic read receipt received).

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
Hi buyer,
Let's keep in touch.
Regard,
Miracle

Sorry, forgot to add, that that makes everything ok then. :whistle:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
Well despite the fact that I have thrown the actual unit in the bin, I have got the Nazzy mob to send me, they say, the very latest super duper whizzy download as an email attachment. When I get home, I will unzip it, see what it contains, and report back.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
Well, here we are. They sent to me an RAR file which I duly unpacked to find five country files, the one's I had asked for, UK, France, Spain, Portugal and Italy. These five files were themselves Zipped, so I unzipped just the UK one for the moment. It contained only an .fbl file, the .ftr, .fsp and fda were conspicuous by there absence. I have no idea what the dates of these files are, because the unpacking only gave them todays date.

So what have I got ? No idea, I guess nothing really. As said before, I have already consigned my unit to the bin, so can only stop here. If anyone would like the RAR file, to play with, then please send me a PM with your email address.

Edit, sorry. They did not actually send me the file, but a link to it on a Chinese web site, mail.163.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We may have been given a clue when the 2014 downloads were TomTom files. :rolleyes:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
@SuperMike If you want to find out what they have sent you, Copy one of the .fbl files onto the satnav into the contents/map folder replacing the existing one.

Start the sat nav and follow this.

From the Navigation Menu select MORE (jig saw puzzle piece)

select HELP (Light Bulb)

Select ABOUT

select MORE

Select CONTENT

select MAP

scroll through the countries to find the one you have loaded and it will tell you the date and publisher of the map file.

Will be interesting to know what they think is the latest map.

John

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
John, thank you, I know how it all works, except as I have already said, moons ago, in anger I must admit, I consigned the unit to the bin. I am just seeing what I can get from the Navvvvs after other members problems. In my post above, I mentioned people should pm me for the files, Hopefully they will be able to report back.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
OK I thought you had only just consigned it to the bin.

John

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I shall continue to use mine while it works, with the 2014 files. After all the built in satnav in my car is using 2012 maps, as they've stopped supporting it. I also haven't updated my TomTom ones for a few years as they are expensive, and always seem to be out of date regardless of the date on them. A few new roads may be missing but they don't often rip up the old ones.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well, here we are. They sent to me an RAR file which I duly unpacked to find five country files, the one's I had asked for, UK, France, Spain, Portugal and Italy. These five files were themselves Zipped, so I unzipped just the UK one for the moment. It contained only an .fbl file, the .ftr, .fsp and fda were conspicuous by there absence. I have no idea what the dates of these files are, because the unpacking only gave them todays date.

So what have I got ? No idea, I guess nothing really. As said before, I have already consigned my unit to the bin, so can only stop here. If anyone would like the RAR file, to play with, then please send me a PM with your email address.

Edit, sorry. They did not actually send me the file, but a link to it on a Chinese web site, mail.163.com
They are probably just the same as on their download site. For the UK that only currently contains the .fbl (Map) file.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I bought our Navi. Sat Nav because our 'Super Duper' Garmin died immediately before our trip last year.
We found the Navi. one worked well in finding Co-ordinates, (which will never alter.)
I have since given the Garmin the kiss of life and also updated it so we now have two on the go.
Belts and braces time. I'll take both of them.
That'll make for THREE WOMEN telling me I'm going wrong. One physical and two androids!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back