Navara Roll Top + Fifth Wheeler Hitch (1 Viewer)

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
If we are going to talk about who started when..................:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ford F250 = Ford, which if I remember correctly were the first company to mass produce motor cars via a production line.

I rest my case ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Rob

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
If we are going to talk about who started when..................:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ford F250 = Ford, which if I remember correctly were the first company to mass produce motor cars via a production line.

I rest my case ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Rob

Yes but how many Fords built up to 60 years ago are still working for a living :Eeek:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
in 1908 i think the car that put wheels under the world.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Think you've gone a bit off topic boys. :winky:

The question was:

Hi All, Does anybody have any idea if it is possible to fit a Fifth Wheel Hitch to a Navara with a Roll Top please, If So How what is the secret.???

Gill

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Think you've gone a bit off topic boys. :winky:

The question was:

Hi All, Does anybody have any idea if it is possible to fit a Fifth Wheel Hitch to a Navara with a Roll Top please, If So How what is the secret.???

Gill

Thought we had solved that one for him Scrap the Jap and by a Landy - you can't fit a roll top to a Landy so scrap that as well - Simplesss:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

outlaw

Free Member
Feb 7, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
2 years
Yes, I have a Nissan Navara Outlaw with a 5th wheel hitch and a roll top. The top comes from "Roll and Lock" just google that and you will find plenty of info mine fits fine and closes with the hitch in situ.
If you want any more info then feel free to PM me.

Steve

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Well, You know what, I am keeping the Navara, Been out this weekend with a guy we met who pulls the one I am on about having with the exact same Motor that I have, And it had NO PROBLEMS at all even up steep hills, and not only that he also has a roll top on his Navara he had it modified to fit and is sending me all the details.
Seeing as I live in Derbyshire there ARE some steep hills but as I said absolutely no problem at all he has had it chipped and he swears that when touring in Europe he is averaging over 20 MPG which is ok by me as I get less than that in my MH.

Thanks all of you for your advice and I agree it did go off topic a bit, !!!!
as for speed, No Not interested now I used to have M3 with twin turbo's and last was an M6 with chipping and if I had a super tuned motor that got 0 to 60 in over 4 secs I would get rid as it was too slow.

I got rid of my last Racing car 2 years ago and I am now a Grandad, I have been there, Done it all, Come back (Only Just) and I will never go there again I have too many people that love me (I hope).

As for a Landy No Thanks, after all the bumpy and hard suspension I have had in my life I now like comfort, unfortunately I have never been in in a Land Rover that I could call comfortable (Pick up type).

But the beauty of a forum is everybody has their own opinion about everything and it can be stated without fear of a smack in the mouth :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Good luck Les. When do you get the 5er?

I see you live in Derbyshire, same as us - we'll look out for you.

Have you looked at 5ers at Niche Marketing, Manby Lincolnshire (not so far to go)? A friend of ours has just dealt with them and they were very good.

Sounds like you've weighed up the pros/cons of the tow truck and made the decision that's right for you. Our Mitsi L200 is primarily a work vehicle so there was no way we wanted to go down the line of the gas guzzling yank truck. We've been pulling the 5er with it for 2 1/2 years and have had no problems. :thumb:

Al & Gill

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Good luck Les. When do you get the 5er?

I see you live in Derbyshire, same as us - we'll look out for you.

Have you looked at 5ers at Niche Marketing, Manby Lincolnshire (not so far to go)? A friend of ours has just dealt with them and they were very good.

Sounds like you've weighed up the pros/cons of the tow truck and made the decision that's right for you. Our Mitsi L200 is primarily a work vehicle so there was no way we wanted to go down the line of the gas guzzling yank truck. We've been pulling the 5er with it for 2 1/2 years and have had no problems. :thumb:

Al & Gill

Hi Mate, Not ordered it yet but we go to NEC this week and think we will be doing just that, We looked at the ones at Lincoln from Niche Marketing and we couldn't see a layout that suited us but we did when we looked at the Calder ones, The better half has never been up Scotland and so a journey up to Calder would kill two birds, I know that area very well as I used to do a lot of scuba diving all around Scotland and I have kept promising her we would go "One Day", I just have to show her one or two things with the 5er that she is not sure about so we will be doing that at Birmingham.

I live at Brimington in Chesterfield mate, I have seen a couple of 5ers around this area but don't know if they were just travelling through or not.

I was fortunate enough to meet a chap from Lincoln who had a Calder and also a Tekna (Navara) Auto he helped me a lot and as I have said took me for a spin and showed me a thing or two, He filled his water tank and we set off, No Problem at all so I am completely satisfied with Motor.

The only concerns I had before was that we never travel on Autobahns and so sometimes we have to climb, But now no problems at all, I am happy.

I certainly hope to see you around and about mate.
:winky:::bigsmile:

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off
:Smile:
Well, You know what, I am keeping the Navara, Been out this weekend with a guy we met who pulls the one I am on about having with the exact same Motor that I have, And it had NO PROBLEMS at all even up steep hills, and not only that he also has a roll top on his Navara he had it modified to fit and is sending me all the details.
Seeing as I live in Derbyshire there ARE some steep hills but as I said absolutely no problem at all he has had it chipped and he swears that when touring in Europe he is averaging over 20 MPG which is ok by me as I get less than that in my MH.

Thanks all of you for your advice and I agree it did go off topic a bit, !!!!
as for speed, No Not interested now I used to have M3 with twin turbo's and last was an M6 with chipping and if I had a super tuned motor that got 0 to 60 in over 4 secs I would get rid as it was too slow.

I got rid of my last Racing car 2 years ago and I am now a Grandad, I have been there, Done it all, Come back (Only Just) and I will never go there again I have too many people that love me (I hope).

As for a Landy No Thanks, after all the bumpy and hard suspension I have had in my life I now like comfort, unfortunately I have never been in in a Land Rover that I could call comfortable (Pick up type).

But the beauty of a forum is everybody has their own opinion about everything and it can be stated without fear of a smack in the mouth :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:thumb:Well at least we have agreed to disagree eh Les:Smile:are you originally from Newbold Les,used to pal about with a Les Ashmore we both worked @ Butlers iron foundry,Dronfield.
Regards Tony.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back