LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Have just extended our travel insurance to 100 days for only £74 for two of us! I’m really pleased with the Flex Account Insurance so far, as not long after opening the account I managed to destroy my iPhone with water ingress after a very hot day in France. I claimed on the mobile phone insurance and received a brand new iPhone within three days! Well pleased! The account has already paid for itself!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Have just extended our travel insurance to 100 days for only £74 for two of us! I’m really pleased with the Flex Account Insurance so far, as not long after opening the account I managed to destroy my iPhone with water ingress after a very hot day in France. I claimed on the mobile phone insurance and received a brand new iPhone within three days! Well pleased! The account has already paid for itself!
Do they still insure phones? I think when it went up to £13/month some benefits ended.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Obviously no medical problems then. We closed our account as the extra for extending insurance to 2 months including our medical problems was as dear as just taking out single trip insurance for the holiday.

Denise

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I'm very happy with my N/wide breakdown cover at £13 a month. Had a punctured wheel changed (in 25 mins!) and a flat battery sorted.
It covers two motorbikes, car and m/home and they don't even want to know any details of the vehicles, and it covers any vehicle in which I'm a passenger, quite apart from all the other benefits.
And I have only one number to call for assistance regardless of which vehicle I'm on/ in.(y)

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If you keep £2.5 k in the flexplus account it costs a few coppers over £6 per month for breakdown cover and travel insurance inc, other benefits. I dont know any other insurance company that can match that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
If you keep £2.5 k in the flexplus account it costs a few coppers over £6 per month for breakdown cover and travel insurance inc, other benefits. I dont know any other insurance company that can match that.
Agreed. And wouldn't it be convenient if in the same way we could have one policy that covered all our 'Private and Pleasure use' vehicles.
(I know there are multi-vehicle 'Trade' policies available).
As an aside I renewed my car cover today. £443 renewal offered by my current insurer. I went on to the MoneySaver website and finally bought a quote at £236 from the A.A. (with the SAME cover and from the same insurance company - Zurich - who I was with before at £443 !!) Daft or what?

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Agreed. And wouldn't it be convenient if in the same way we could have one policy that covered all our 'Private and Pleasure use' vehicles.
(I know there are multi-vehicle 'Trade' policies available).
As an aside I renewed my car cover today. £443 renewal offered by my current insurer. I went on to the MoneySaver website and finally bought a quote at £236 from the A.A. (with the SAME cover and from the same insurance company who I was with before at £443 !!) Daft or what?

I never understood why we need separate cover for different vehicles. Lets face it, I can only drive one at once regardless of how many I have.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back