Nationwide Breakdown Insurance (2 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
Does anyone have experience, good or bad, using Nationwide's breakdown cover for a motorhome?
We have always taken the European breakdown cover offered by Comfort and found it excellent when we needed recovery. Not happy with their change of insurer to the AA and as we already have the Nationwide travel and breakdown insurance package are considering relying on that

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
On our last trip to Bulgaria the oil light started coming on and off in Serbia. I stopped on a supermarket and rang Nationwide. Two guys turned up within half an hour and plugged a laptop in and I was on my way in an hour. When it was serviced they forgot to put it on the computer.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Does anyone have experience, good or bad, using Nationwide's breakdown cover for a motorhome?
We have always taken the European breakdown cover offered by Comfort and found it excellent when we needed recovery. Not happy with their change of insurer to the AA and as we already have the Nationwide travel and breakdown insurance package are considering relying on that
I'll be intersted in your responses as I'm just in the process of changing to one of their flexplus accounts before my RAC cover is due for renewal.

It all looks good as long as your mh is less than 8m.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
In January and for the first time in 17 years of motorhoming I moved away from an insurer who did included breakdown.
Only heard good things about Nationwide cover, there are a few comments on FUN already somewhere.
Seeing as I was already paying for the Nationwide cover it made sense to save £150.. (y)

Watching with interest.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Also being a sickly type of person :D, I have used there travel insurance a few times. Last time I had a suite with private balcony in Levante hospital for a week. Cannot fault the Nationwide.

19 kenny 42

Free Member
Aug 2, 2017
ackworth yorks
Funster No
MH
hobby 700
Exp
after reading this nationwide will be the one to use, £150 for rac, with regard comfort last year £325 including breakdown cover this year £355 no cover,caravan camping comes in at £316 so hello ccc plus tax forgot that

emo

Free Member
Oct 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Bursner lyseo
Exp
Since2015
Sounds interesting,do you think it would cover repatriation if your motorhome could not be repaired ?Our insurance does.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Untitled 7.png

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I've had only one working arm for the past 7 years (motorbike crash) so very dependant upon help in spite of having served an apprenticeship as a motor mechanic and spent 30 years as a hobby restorer of classic bikes and cars. I dropped my Comfort breakdown cover three years ago and rely on the N'wide FlexPlus cover for my m/h, car and two motorbikes (yes, I still ride them). When I had a puncture in the m/h near Cognac last year Nationwide called out a local tyre firm. The guy arrived within 20 mins or so, changed the wheel and repaired the puncture, advising me to use that wheel only as spare and to check it regularly to ensure that it wasn't leaking again. Very satisfied.

Oct 14, 2011
Chichester,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Wildax Hi Top
Exp
Since 2002
Have used the Flex Plus account several times for their travel insurance abroad and they were brilliant.When my husband was in hospital 3 days in Alençon they even paid us £50 for overnight hospital stay.
I do have to pay the age upgrade now,over 75,but is still good value.

Have a friend who called out the breakdown people and had good service too.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We had to claim on their travel/health insurance last year,,,they settled quickly with no bother at all. Used breakdown twice in uk,,,excellent. BUSBY,,

19 kenny 42

Free Member
Aug 2, 2017
ackworth yorks
Funster No
MH
hobby 700
Exp
thanks to you all, i don't know how to thank you separately ,to day comfort have just phoned to tell me they have made a mistake on my renewal it should have been £325 including breakdown cover,still only 60 days ,have done with ccc and will use nationwide ,have just seen the signs at the right hand side .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back