Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
The value of this policy would depend very much on personal circumstances eg:
From Nationwide web site.....
  • Motorcycles, motorhomes, caravanettes, commercial vehicles (all types), vans, pick up trucks and vehicles being used for hire and reward purposes (such as taxis) are not covered.
I have a pickup truck!!

From the downloaded policy document:

"Trip......... a pre booked continuous journey to the countries as specified within the
geographical limits of Section G which begins and ends in the UK within the
policy period and which does not exceed 180 days in total during the policy period."

The pickup is outside the UK for 9 months of the year!!. The pre booked condition would mean that you have to book a return journey prior to your trip.

Health insurance has a trip limit of 31 days, this can be extended at a cost but this insurance is also available on the Flexaccount which I already have.

For me the account is of no use but I can see that for many it is a very good deal.

I have ACSI plus breakdown cover which covers many of the things given with this account for 365 days at a cost this year of €89.50 (£71.36) on my Nationwide credit card.

Mata, you have to admit it is improving..............when Graham Beale took the Nationwide over I was very hostile, even to the stage of going to the AGM and whinging in public, as he seemed to be placing his chums from what I would term the less consumer friendly end of the banking industry on the Board. Now a number of years later I think that (for me) Nationwide is the best of a very mediocre bunch. Their savings rates are dire but I get 3 percent on the Flexplus to £2.5k which deadens the pain slightly.

Deleted User
Mata, you have to admit it is improving..............when Graham Beale took the Nationwide over I was very hostile, even to the stage of going to the AGM and whinging in public, as he seemed to be placing his chums from what I would term the less consumer friendly end of the banking industry on the Board. Now a number of years later I think that (for me) Nationwide is the best of a very mediocre bunch. Their savings rates are dire but I get 3 percent on the Flexplus to £2.5k which deadens the pain slightly.

I would agree with that :)

Savings rates are dire everywhere........solution........buy more stuff, get the economy moving.....spend,spend,spend :rofl::rofl:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I would agree with that :)

Savings rates are dire everywhere........solution........buy more stuff, get the economy moving.....spend,spend,spend :rofl::rofl:

Just put my order in for a new van, life savings gone, then it's ...............................penury!:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back