SINCE 2005

about to post this but it's already listed - good place to visit though

Apr 30, 2020
Hartpury, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 796
Exp
Went to Lanhydrock House in 8m van on Saturday. Easy access to the coach car park where there are 5 spaces for caravans. Checked at reception if this was ok to park (confirmed). Plenty of turning room on a slight slope. The car park is shared with the allotment holders, and the car park was open at just after 6am when I arrived.
Fabulous place with great walks and cycling paths in the trees for the more energetic family. The play area is amongst the best I have seen at NT.
Bodmin park run held here on Saturday mornings if you are feeling fit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
So....am I understanding this correctly? NT England- £126 for a family, NT Scotland £117 for a family....so if I buy NT Scotland I am able to visit NT England and park?! :whatthe:

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
You have to pay to park, if you join Scottish NT and park in England.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
We take the scottish tickets to the nt official at entry who checks our cards and gives us a windscreen ticket to display, no car park charge incurred.
Not sure what happens at unattended car parks.

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
National Memorial Arboretum, Alreewas, Staffs. DE13 7AR, overflow car park, £4 all day, plenty of space for even the biggest RV,
Very interesting day out, ( if a bit morbid, being all memorials) plus some good walks /cycling along the river etc.
Free entry after p[aying to park, need to pre-book at present, but you can make a donation if you feel like it,
Excellent catering and you can take a picnic.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009

about to post this but it's already listed - good place to visit though
Yes, we went 3 weeks ago whilst on holiday in Norfolk - enjoyed it. (y)

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
National Memorial Arboretum, Alreewas, Staffs. DE13 7AR, overflow car park, £4 all day, plenty of space for even the biggest RV,
Very interesting day out, ( if a bit morbid, being all memorials) plus some good walks /cycling along the river etc.
Free entry after p[aying to park, need to pre-book at present, but you can make a donation if you feel like it,
Often driven past the sign for this and wondered what it was like.👍

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Often driven past the sign for this and wondered what it was like.👍
Very interesting especially if you have family members who have served their country.
Very much for me as my Father was a Far E ast POW, who came back, but he had 2 brothers who did not, and that memorial area is very close to me.
Check oput the web-site first,
Joe

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Went to Lanhydrock House in 8m van on Saturday. Easy access to the coach car park where there are 5 spaces for caravans. Checked at reception if this was ok to park (confirmed). Plenty of turning room on a slight slope. The car park is shared with the allotment holders, and the car park was open at just after 6am when I arrived.
Fabulous place with great walks and cycling paths in the trees for the more energetic family. The play area is amongst the best I have seen at NT.
Bodmin park run held here on Saturday mornings if you are feeling fit.
Will add to the map. Thanks

Sep 9, 2021
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohican S
Exp
Have owned my moho for 2.5 years now
I parked up on longdon cliffs in Dover for the first time since having my autotrail mohican. Was ok intresting leaving as the exits road was quite steep. Had no issues other than im incompetence

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021

Bluethunder

Free Member
Jul 5, 2020
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoqest 155
Exp
6years
Never been a member but we are considering joining.
I know there is an ongoing discussion with CAMpRA regarding overnighting but what is the parking generally like for motorhomers.
Pointless joining if we wont be able to get in the car parks.
6.7 m motorhome.
Thanks in advance.
Graham
Consider joining National trust scotland,exactly same benefits half the price,it doesnt matter where you live in UK.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
I’m going to buy a plaque for my husband so he can be with all his RAFP family in the Snowdrop area. He’d like that.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Incorrect, I emailed NT England to query this and they confirmed NT Scotland members can park for free at NT England sites.
I think there may be the odd exception where NT don't own the carpark, but that's the same for all members.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back