National Trust Parking larger vehicles (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We visited Lacock NT yesterday, by car. Saw one coachbuilt MH and a minibus using the coach parking area (saw no coaches yesterday) but did not see a sign that specifically allows MH parking. Correct me if I am wrong. Maybe it's discretionary. Saw one PVC using the busy car park which is pay-and-display, charge £4.50. The bays and width of the roadways in the car park are a bit tight unless you have a small-ish PVC.

There is a sign prohibiting overnight stays in the car park area.
Thanks. Noted for the map

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Kelpies, just to let you know that the staff at the Kelpies are keen for Motorhomers to stay in the small car park for £5 one night only.
Girl on gate actually asked us if she could interest us in staying overnight. I suggest you arrive after 4pm so you don’t have to pay £5 for day parking as well.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Kelpies, just to let you know that the staff at the Kelpies are keen for Motorhomers to stay in the small car park for £5 one night only.
Girl on gate actually asked us if she could interest us in staying overnight. I suggest you arrive after 4pm so you don’t have to pay £5 for day parking as well.
Will add that info to the map note - thanks

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Have stopped there overnight, and the sight of them lit up at night is worth it,

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
I always street view if I’m not sure a lot of car parks have started putting in height barriers, if they take coaches your usually ok

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Another one for the list, plenty of room and you can use 2 bays for length if needed, , The Lawn next to Lincoln cathedral on site cafe public toilets around the corner too £3.80 6pm-8am or £8.80 24hrs

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
the kevenhs visited Kingston Lacy and found access to the car park & coach area was easy.
I tried looking at the url in the 1st post to see if this NT property was listed but: -
Screenshot 2021-08-07 102729.jpg

and when the lower section went green, clicking on it led to: -

Screenshot 2021-08-07 102740.jpg

Too much oddity for me.
Did the website get re-hosted? Jim could update the 1st post if that's the case (y)

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
the kevenhs visited Kingston Lacy and found access to the car park & coach area was easy.
I tried looking at the url in the 1st post to see if this NT property was listed but: -
View attachment 524712
and when the lower section went green, clicking on it led to: -

View attachment 524711

Too much oddity for me.
Did the website get re-hosted? Jim could update the 1st post if that's the case (y)
Thanks, Kingston Lacey is on the map - it was reposted - this is quite an old thread THIS IS THE LINK TO THE MAP. sorry about that - perhaps I should start a new thread

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Anyone been to Canons Ashby National Trust? Satellite view looks like good parking but how about for an 8m plus Motorhome ?

thanks

May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
Anyone been to Canons Ashby National Trust? Satellite view looks like good parking but how about for an 8m plus Motorhome ?

thanks
Went there in an 8 metre motorhome. Kids at school and mid week. Got in and out OK but think you'd have problems during busy times.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Went there in an 8 metre motorhome. Kids at school and mid week. Got in and out OK but think you'd have problems during busy times.
Thanks - it will be mid week October so shouldn't be a problem - I will also add it to the map for larger motorhomes HERE

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Beech Road Burton Bradstock Dorset.AKA The Hive .
(50.6980625, -2.7217753)
Added to THE MAP - you don't specifically say whether it is suitable for larger vehicles - looking at Google Maps satellite view it would seem to be a big car park but would not be great in a busy period so added with a yellow pin for now.

Thanks

Jul 20, 2018
Bridport Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 655
Exp
Trailer tent for 10 years Motorhome since 2018
Added to THE MAP - you don't specifically say whether it is suitable for larger vehicles - looking at Google Maps satellite view it would seem to be a big car park but would not be great in a busy period so added with a yellow pin for now.

Thanks
There’s a gravel car park which isn’t suitable for large vans, however the fields on both sides of the approach road are also open for parking and picnicking.

Jul 20, 2018
Bridport Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 655
Exp
There’s a gravel car park which isn’t suitable for large vans, however the fields on both sides of the approach road are also open for parking and picnicking.
Just looked on google maps, the day the photo was taken was a MG car rally day. I’ve never seen it that busy on a “normal” day. Check street view to see normal times.

Jul 20, 2018
Bridport Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 655
Exp
Part selfish and part I hope useful to others...

We like to stop off at NT properties during the day. Breaks the travel, have a walk, cup of tea, soup etc and pretty good value for money if you are a member as parking is free. However, at 3o feet, not every NT site is suitable for 'popping in' (or out for that matter) and I have had a couple of very bad experiences including a burnt out clutch trying to extricate myself from one.

So, I have created a map page on my website here and started to put on it some of the ones we have visited. Have a look and you will get the idea. I will continue to add to this myself over time and hopefully try out the ones you guys suggest (which is the selfish bit)

So, if you would like me to add markers to this map just pop detail into this thread and I will add (and attribute) them to the map. Primarily I am looking for ones for larger i.e. over 8m vehicles but am happy to create a pin set for smaller vehicles and label them up as such if you let me have them.

You never know, we might get a bit of help from the NT themselves!

Chris
Here’s another I’ve stopped in
Portland Beach Rd, Weymouth DT4 9XE

Jul 20, 2018
Bridport Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 655
Exp
No the large car park in the right if travelling towards Portland at the start of the causeway. Chesil Beech car park. Huge spaces.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back