National stereotypes (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Without looking a registration plates it is nearly always possible to identify a persons nationality by the way they camp.. a lighthearted look at life ..

for example

The English tugger.

Day one, the full 8ft deep awning goes up followed by the gazebo complete with patio furniture, table cloth and vase of fresh cut flowers, yards and yards of wind breakers usually follow on day two.

The Dutch camper:

Arrives with car and trailer piled to the rafters with camping kit and bikes with rod levered brakes, pitches an extra large ex army bell tent, rigs up the ehu to a multi block and proceeds to set up camp, the whole family are dressed in kaki.

The RVer .. easily identified, the sun goes dark while he parks up.. :Cool:

The Scot
no mistaking them.. the first thing out of the van is the six pack :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm sure you have many more examples.. :winky:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Dutch don't use wastematers a simple plastic bucket is all they use.

Cant do much washing up.:Sad:

Tend to be EVERYWHERE speak English and very friendly.

==============================================

I wont say ought about the Brits:winky:

:beer::wine::drink::man_in_love:

gillr49

Free Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holbeach Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Noticed, especially this year, German tuggers walking round the site, pacing out pitches before even siting the vans

I wish we had the patience after a long drive to do that cos they always seemed to be making the most of the pitch and facing the right way!!

Never mind, we can just move the van as long as we remember to unplug first:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Noticed, especially this year, German tuggers walking round the site, pacing out pitches before even siting the vans

I wish we had the patience after a long drive to do that cos they always seemed to be making the most of the pitch and facing the right way!!

Never mind, we can just move the van as long as we remember to unplug first:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My wife wanders around and picks the last pitch i ever would and says this one.

34ft of RV on the smallest most awkward pitch as usually:whistle:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
The Welsh wander round to see if the ground is wet enough to grow mushrooms..... don't they Jim

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Nah, the welsh wander round looking for a good looking sheep for the night:ROFLMAO:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
I've heard / read that the Italians roll up at a CL or CS field that's about 25 acres where you are the only unit on the site and pitch up 2 metres from you - unless you have a couple of rottweilers hooked up outside. :ROFLMAO:

I don't know, having never had it happen to me, but I'm sure somebody, somwhere will know how true it is.

John

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
The Dutch camper:

Arrives with car and trailer piled to the rafters with camping kit and bikes with rod levered brakes, pitches an extra large ex army bell tent, rigs up the ehu to a multi block and proceeds to set up camp, the whole family are dressed in kaki.

Dutch always dress in orange

Ralph

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Spanish families all bring an item of white goods from home and plenty of tarpaulins:winky:

The head of the family has a mini old caravan from it they build tarpaulin-land :roflmto::roflmto:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Spanish families all bring an item of white goods from home and plenty of tarpaulins:winky:

The head of the family has a mini old caravan from it they build tarpaulin-land :roflmto::roflmto:

Ohh how true.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.. they pitch up for the duration, 6 months or more, we were once beside one who had set up a fruit and veg stall in the awning .. we were buying big juicy oranges for 50c / kilo :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back