Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Hi Folks, anyone know of a nice night stopover close to the Nation Memorial Arboretum?
Plan to stop here for a wee look round before heading on to channel crossing in early June.
Thanks.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi , Have you tried ringing and talking to them?

We went for a carol service at Christmas and there was a camper in their car park that looked as though it had no intention of moving.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Will give them a call as would like to visit there. My cousin has a plaque there and I would like to visit it.

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Live reasonably local, but not really aware of camping very close

But these are a few miles away, no recommendation just local knowledge. Leave a little extra time and visit the city Lichfield, one of the smallest in the country, three spired cathederal, worth a look, Samuel Johnson museum, plenty of coffee shops,

Do intend to try this one, one day, real mixed reviews

Seems a real marmite site, some good some really bad?

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=6617

Or try here

http://www.fullbrookfarm.co.uk/campsite/campsite.php

Both only 15-20 mins drive up the A38

Adrian

OP
OP
weejohnw

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Hi Kath, thanks for that, will give them a call and find out.
We are visiting family around Blackburn on way from ferry at Cairnryan and hope to get to the NMA in the evening to allow us to visit it the next day before heading on to the tunnel. It would be nice to actually waken up there without having to try to find somewhere to stay the night before and then on to the NMA.

OP
OP
weejohnw

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Hi Adrian, you are right about the site reviews - some pretty awful experiences- don't fancy starting a five week holiday by having another dreadful time. Fulbrook Farm looks just the ticket as we would say. Will see what reply I get from NMA tomorrow.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Jun 8, 2013
Taunton
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
4 years
Stayed Broken Link Removed - 18 months ago - nice surroundings lovely lake and you can walk from site and enter via back entrance to arboretum - ten minute walk across field and across
railwayline appears he has permission for campers to enter via back entrance -lovely place to visit will definately go back need at least half day to take it all in

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
If you don't mind wild camping, the access road to the NMA leads in from a roundabout. is wide, and building free. No restrictions are posted on the road, and half way along, before a left hand bend, it is a closed off old entrance, perfect for reversing into. Check it out on Google Earth. (y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hi Kath, thanks for that, will give them a call and find out.
We are visiting family around Blackburn on way from ferry at Cairnryan and hope to get to the NMA in the evening to allow us to visit it the next day before heading on to the tunnel. It would be nice to actually waken up there without having to try to find somewhere to stay the night before and then on to the NMA.

just seen that you were both going to call, did you get a positive reaction, I want to go down here in summer as well, it would be a great place to overnight

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Didn't call them yet as still in Portugal and am meaning to call when we get back to the UK!

Kath

OP
OP
weejohnw

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Neither a yes or a no!!!! Decided to stop off at a C&CC small site at a farm near by as we can get fresh water and dump waste before we travel on.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Willow Brook Farm is closest. Years ago the Golden Cup (Pub) in Yoxall Did do Camping. but it looks like it`s stopped?. The Whole place is well done. and respectful. The Camp Bastion memorial is now in place too, I am informed by some local members of the East Yorks Regimental association, who went just before Xmas. Plan on going back this year but not sure when as yet. This was taken some years ago.

DSC02636.JPG DSC02631.JPG

Pete

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
This almost makes me ashamed to admit that, althought I live least than 10 miles from this memorial, and pass it regularly, I have never been.

Adrian

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
I've been a couple of time's not in the MH but on my motorbike with Ride To The Wall Group,but I would like to make weekend of it so can you tell me do they allow dogs in to the arboretum? Thanks

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
Willow Brook Farm is closest. Years ago the Golden Cup (Pub) in Yoxall Did do Camping. but it looks like it`s stopped?. The Whole place is well done. and respectful. The Camp Bastion memorial is now in place too, I am informed by some local members of the East Yorks Regimental association, who went just before Xmas. Plan on going back this year but not sure when as yet. This was taken some years ago.

View attachment 55650 View attachment 55651

Pete

Seems they still do, but no EHU

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back