grandadbaza

Free Member
Jan 20, 2010
Habrough, N E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail
Exp
After being caravanners for 30 odd years and only 2 years as motorhomers so by default and force of habit ours is usually called " the caravan ,oh I mean the motorhome", onr day we will remember to forget our caravanning past!!:Doh:

Baza

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Lucy.

(Last three letters of the Reg are LUZ).

Sat Nav is called Lucy as well to differentiate between her and Snoopy (the other Sat Nav) and Pat (the REAL navigator). They all have female voices so it's like being surrounded by women - could be worse.::bigsmile:

we have just set our Snooper (Millie) to a male voice as they were confusing me all talking at once. The Snooper is now Billy and theTomTom Tilly.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
After downsizing from a 36ft American to an 18ft Autocruise it felt and looked like a midget - so is called 'Midge'.

Dick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
we have just set our Snooper (Millie) to a male voice as they were confusing me all talking at once. The Snooper is now Billy and theTomTom Tilly.

Tried the male voice (Jack) on Snooper and he sounded like a patronizing, sexist git.:Angry: Got right up my nose. Don't imagine Pat thought much of it either.

John:RollEyes:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We started off calling her Mizzi. As shes a Mizar . We all decided it was the best name and started off with best intentions.
But although we love going out and using it , some how its gone from a she , Mizzi , to an it and being called " the motorhome ".
We dont love it any less , at all , but dont seem to remember to use its name or call it she .
:ROFLMAO:

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Ours is Genie because she's a Geist which is German for Ghost. We talk to her as we walk by ("Morning Genie"). I think we may be a little sad. ::bigsmile:

We named all our caravans and sometimes used the same name more than once. Our favourite was Sadie from the French 'Cedez la passage' (Give way). It reminded us that another French trip was always in the planning.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I do not call it dog but....

thought about it? are you sure?

Don't you mean has anyone not got a name for their motorhome?

OUrs is Called Adriana, she replaced Nessie who had a wonderful number plate of NE55IE(d)

A motorhome with no name? that would be like calling your dog DOG.:RollEyes:

I do not call it dog, but it is called the van or the RV.. we have named others in the past, but for some reason we have never got round to naming it despite owning it for two years now. We did put graphics on the side with words.. On the road again... over the mountain view in the graphic. We have some Indians on horses on the back of the panel.. But what do you call a Winnebago? no no Winni, to many of them already use that name. To us it is the van or the RV

As it says on the side locker....'If we had to explain you would not understand' ....(it's an American thing - from the Jeep advert a few years back) ...

Our Winnibago is what it is a Winnibago and proud of it as well.. the dog is Ezzie, the wife is Sue and as you know I am Bob.. that is enough names for me.

But one other - friends..

Bob:thumb:

Last edited:

Reaynger

Free Member
Aug 1, 2011
Caithness
Funster No
MH
Peugeot coachbuilt.
Exp
I'm a newbie
I named our motorhome in honour of my late aunty Kathleen who had no kids of her own and left me enough money to buy it, otherwise a new motorhome would have been out of my buying power. It brought it home to me that we only live once so I thought I would get my long term dream purchase! :thumb:

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I think my original question is does anyone put the name on the van like it is done on a boat?

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, On our last m/h A Class Pilote named Piglet yep we put name on bonnet and rear panel , now got starfire haven't got round to putting name it yet (fidget) will do this winter ,but I have got funster sticker in windscreen,Van so named because I dont stay anywhere more than 2 nights ,and I always plan our route that we dont come back the way we went. Terry:thumb:

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Fidget, may be over in Cowes later today, are you around this weekend? :winky:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes we have, it is only the decal type as we had a Graphic shop in town for a short while asked if they would cut out a design for me

Our m/h is named Rooby so we have a Kangaroo outline with that name on the side of it also our Trailer has a smaller one named Rooby too :thumb::thumb:

(if we ever had another four legged friend we would have named her Ruby being my fav name )

Our sat nav is Mandy who goes silent on us if we ignore her instructions which is worrying esp if travelling through Rouen France:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi All!
Love all your stories about how and why you've named your mh's!
I like champers idea of getting the name on it too, we're just off to pick Molly up. The damage hasn't been repaired yet, but at least she can be driven until the spare part and repairs will be done.:Angry:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I've just remembered that Vistaprint do all these things! You can have baseball caps done, as well as lots of other things, t-shirts, stickers and banners etc. You can go on to their website and put your own logo on to the hats and things, it's worth a look as you can print whatever you want on things........within reason of course:winky:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
thought about it? are you sure?

Don't you mean has anyone not got a name for their motorhome?

A motorhome with no name? that would be like calling your dog DOG.:RollEyes:

Oh dear... :Blush:

I think my original question is does anyone put the name on the van like it is done on a boat?

No chance...mine already looks like a taxi as it is! :Smile:

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
we call ours "Malcolm" the motorhome, a male name because I am totally out numbered with females in our family. Our last motorhome had a registration TPX so it was called Tampax :-/

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I wanted to name ours after my wife, but apparently it could constitute an offence, :Blush:

ktommo

Free Member
Aug 18, 2013
clacton on sea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
In the boating world most boats have names and these are shown on the vessel, has anyone thought of naming their motorhome, although I guess you would not want to be confused with a large transport company :ROFLMAO:
ours is called miss daisy

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Gosh this is a blast from the past , first posted 2011 !

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
I had an early VW Bay Devon Moonraker Camper for 16 years and her name was Martha.
I still get called Martha to this day!
You should have seen the looks I got from outsiders when they heard me referred to as Martha!
My new Motorhome number has ETA so I'll refer to her as Eta. Safer that way:giggler:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 4

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Mine is Thebus The Bus

And yes, that's a good idea. I might get his name put on.

Attachments

• IMG_2800.JPG
    IMG_2800.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 4

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
My S820 which I just sold, was affectionately named Bismarck by my mates.

Brilliant van just had a tendency to pull towards Poland when leaving the tunnel :)

Andrew

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Dora .....the explorer. Have stickers but not a paint job