Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
I am just planning/pricing a bit of an adventure and considering driving down to Italy then on a ferry across to Greece and back via Bulgaria and Romania (actually I might take it slowere and leave the vehicle in Romania for another trip next year but that's another story...)

I am a bit of a novice when it comes to ferries... If I booked a "deck" ticket, would I be allowed to kip in the MoHo?

Reactions: DBK
Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
I am a bit of a novice when it comes to ferries... If I booked a "deck" ticket, would I be allowed to kip in the MoHo?

When travelling with Αnek-Superfast You can spend the entire crossing from Italy to Greece and vice versa in the comfort of your own camper/caravan, while taking advantage of the on board showers, WC, and 220 Volt power outlets.

The Camping on Board service is available from 1st April until 31st October for the venice, Ancona and Bari lines.

http://www.greekferries.gr/camping.asp

Pete

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We have done the Camping on Board with our motorhome several times - it's great! If there is anything we can help you with then just shout (post).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bacchus

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
it's not the cheapest but under three hundred Euros in August is probably reasonable value! Thank you both!

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
If you leave your van in Romania until next year remember you will need a full UK mOT to be legal.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I am just planning/pricing a bit of an adventure and considering driving down to Italy then on a ferry across to Greece and back via Bulgaria and Romania (actually I might take it slowere and leave the vehicle in Romania for another trip next year but that's another story...)

I would be interested in what you work out for vehicle insurance for the trip as I'm considering doing something similar some day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bacchus

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
If you leave your van in Romania until next year remember you will need a full UK mOT to be legal.

Good point! I would have to put 12 months on before I left, I'd be planning to go over in the Spring for a tour and the return leg.

One of my biggest fears is the freezing winters. Living in leafy Surrey I don't really bother winterising my van, but when it gets down to -20 with metres of snow...!

I would be interested in what you work out for vehicle insurance for the trip as I'm considering doing something similar some day.

Another good point! I will check this out and report back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back