• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Nail gun (1 Viewer)

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Any builders or diy people on here interested in a hilti nail gun. It uses the black and red cartridge to fire the nails in to steel or concrete etc £50

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Be afraid ............

When I was young and (more) stupid I found one of those at work. I chose a cartridge & a nail and fired it on top of a steel tool box. The nail went through the lid, through the internal tray, missed the tools, and nailed the box to the concrete floor. It would appear that I'd chosen the cartridge that fires steel pins into girders. :sneaky::whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We had a couple of gas powered HILTI ones at work.

Tight arsed office staff heavily restricted its use.......£90 for a box of 1000 nails

Nigel67

Free Member
Jan 26, 2013
Devon/Cornwall border
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
since 2003
I'm confused....I replied to the for sale add but have had no replies to my posts? Am I missing something here as usually if you are selling something and someone is interested you discuss doing the deal.????

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Try sending a PM to Ivory55.

click their user name below their avatar then click 'start a conversation'
Type your message then submit.

Nigel67

Free Member
Jan 26, 2013
Devon/Cornwall border
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
since 2003
Ahh, so it appears I have been gazumpted despite replying first to the for sale post and there was me thinking us Brits were polite and don't queue jump......disappointing really. Well looks like I'm back to trawling dodgy c##p on flea bay hoping not to get ripped off. I thought buying off a fellow funster may have been a much safer bet for me!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I may be interested can you pm me model/type and maybe some pics. Thanks

I will buy it, how do you want the money?

Ian

There a subtle difference in the above 2 posts

I MAY be interested....and.....I will buy it.

Your post shows an interest.....Ians post confirms he wants it....That, to me, makes it sold

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001

Your post shows an interest.....Ians post confirms he wants it....That, to me, makes it sold
But still polite to reply to the first responder with pics etc then give him first refusal,

poor show in my book

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I may possibly have a hilti gun I could sell you. If its still in the shed at my parents house. will look in the next couple of days for you. would rather it go to somebody who understands how dangerous it is before my grandkids get hold of it. Last time i was in there a couple of years ago there were several similar tool boxes, but my uncle helped himself to some bits since. doubt a hilti would be much use to him though

Nigel67

Free Member
Jan 26, 2013
Devon/Cornwall border
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
since 2003

Fair comment but there are many different models, some of which parts are now obsolete, so I wanted to know which model it was before I committed to purchasing( which I don't think is unreasonable). Just would have been nice to have been given first refusal that's all.
I lost my job in August after 14 years working as a care assistant in a special needs boarding school when it closed down and I have now had to become self employed as I have been unable to find a job, so I'm trying to sort out various tools and equipment I need to create some income hence buying good used items as I can't shell out for new at the moment until I get some jobs coming in. Maybe I could sell my motorhome? "FOR SALE" Hymer £50.000......anyone fancy buying it from my description only?....I think not.
I'm not here for a slanging match with anybody that's why I joined fun in the first place but petty as this may seem this is just another little thing that kicks you when you're already down.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
sorry to hear about losing your job Nigel theres a lot of it about at the moment. You seem to have the right attitude though and I wish you luck getting some work in to pay the bills.

OP
OP
Ivory55

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Hi Nigel, sorry if I offended you . I have no idea how to post pictures and have rely on others. Olley said he would buy it and was going to Lincoln he sent me a message saying all that. If he does not want it it will be at Lincoln . Cheers

Nigel67

Free Member
Jan 26, 2013
Devon/Cornwall border
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
since 2003
Nigel if you can find out if its suitable for you, you can have first refusal. So as not to mess ivory55 about, if you haven't sorted out whether you want it or not by the Lincoln show I will still buy it there.!

Ian
Thank you Ian, but don't do that as you've already sorted out collection, so you go ahead. I'm sure I'll find something hopefully nearer so I can look first. Thanks for the kind offer. Hope I didn't offend anyone with my posts but as the mortgage payment due date approaches the anxiety and stress levels make me a bit tetchey:( but I'm sure it will sort itself out in the end. You never know I may become a self made millionaire in six months:LOL: I think I need a weekend away camping(y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
@Nigel67 sorry, but spent an hour searching this afternoon and it is apparent the the hilti gun I had has already gone. I'm a bit annoyed actually as so has a boxed kango demolition hammer which I had plans for next year along with several other 110v site tools and transformers.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
The end result of this thread sums up motorhome fun
Perfect for me.
One big club all pulling in one direction.

Nigel67 i hope your situation sorts itself out ASAP

Mel

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Yes a good result
Best of luck Nigel67 (y)