Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Hi
We have a new/used N&B Arto with a cracked shower tray, Travelworld are going to replace it under warranty from N&B.
I remember seeing a thread somewhere that said that the problem is due to not enough support under the shower tray, and that expanding foam was used to resolve this.
Has anyone got any more details as Travelworld were interested in doing this on the new tray to stop it happening again.
As an 18.5 stone ex rugby player, the shower tray will need all the help it can get:roflmto:
Yes i do fit in it I have tried:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Never used foam but I made a wood frame for the tray to fit in, that supported the tray all over the base and up the sides, so that no movement was possible, and was supported from base of vehicle, this worked for me as I was handy at woodwork.

I know some have used the expanding foam sprays, I expect someone who has used this method will explain how they used it.

This will at least put you to the top again.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I used the foam method when I did the self build on a Bus. It is very hard to get right. If you don't put enough foam in it doesn't support it all the way round. If you put too much in it either pushes the shower tray out of shape or doesn't full set causing sags after.

On this van, I made a wooden frame that touches the shower tray all the way round. I made it with the shower tray laid on a flat sheet of wood upside down and built it so it came in contact with the shower tray all the way round.

It is solid as hell, even stubbed my toe on it the other week when I fell over in the van....:Doh: Had my shoes on so I know it is good ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gkarto

Free Member
Apr 20, 2012
Glenrothes
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
35 years
Arto shower tray

Hi
I have an Arto 74 which is now four years old. My shower tray cracked across the drainage channel and I used an Epoxy putty named Milliput to seal and repair the crack - it,s very easy to apply and does a great job - and can be purchased on line. I then bought expanding foam from B&Q which I applied to the underside of the shower base via a gap at the toilet area door ( easy to find if you first of all remove the wooden plinth below the door). Be careful when applying the foam as it expand very quickly and escapes through and gap it finds!!
The end result has been very successful - no more cracks or movement in the tray.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Soaringman

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Well we have had the shower tray fitted by travelworld and he techies assure me that the replacement is now strengthened with support in the right places:thumb: Lets hope so.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I know this is to late but for anyone researching this ::bigsmile:The best way is to buy a foam gun and gun foam (about 12 quid for gun 3/4 quid for gun foam -screwfix etc):thumb:That way you can put the foam where you want it.Spray the whole floor with foam about 1 to 2 ins deep then sit the tray onto it and press it down ,put a bucket of water on it :winky: and let it set around a hour or 2 :Smile:You can then fill in any gaps that you can see and seal the tray :thumb:provided you leave the foam connected to the gun it will last a yr or 2 :thumb:If you take it off the gun chances are it will not seal and you will have to use gun cleaner which again you need to leave on the gun :Doh:You will be surprised how handy the gun foam is :thumb:
PS If you wet the base it helps the foam stick and set :thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
Not quite on topic but fairly close, we had to replace our shower tray and I found a guy on ebay who had one made out of GRP, he can also make one from grp if he has the template, the quality was quite good but did need a little bt of fettling, but the price he charged for a new shower tray and sink unit was less than the price of a vacuum formed plastic one from Hymer.

His user name on ebay is grpleisure

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back