mylpg.eu iPhone app: Not downloading stations (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have just installed the app on my iphone

http://www.mylpg.eu/

but it isn't downloading the stations.. message says.. 'downloading stations'.. but it's been doing that since yesterday.. tried rebooting the phone and starting again but it still not downloading the station data.

have asked on their FB page and also sent a message on the app site..

Anyone else have problems or know how to resolve ?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Same for me Jim.

The progress indicator isn't spinning.

I'm guessing their server must be down so we can't connect to it. I would wait a while and try again later.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have it on Android, just checked and fine, update download whizzed through and operates? Maybe iffyphone issue?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It might be iPhone specific maybe if they've done an update on the app recently and there's a bug but it's more likely to be something at their end. Different ports on the server used for IOS, Android and other connections could perhaps explain why it works on different platforms

Whatever is causing it the problem is that the app isn't connecting to the mylpg server. Everything else works but it won't refresh either the map or the "nearby" list.

The contact form on their website doesn't seem to be working either which again points to a server issue.

The website reads like it's one persons project. I've emailed them so I'll post if/when they respond.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Updates on my iPhone in France
Probably a server error at their end

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Message from My LPG

Hello Jim,
thanks for reaching out. As I've said on the public wall, there was a bug in the code that does this problem.
I hope App store will review and publish the new version as soon as possible.

on the FB wall

myLPG.euHello Jim,
during the last update a new bug came to light for (probably) iOS9. I've already submitted the corrected version to App store. I hope it will be alive in the next few days.

Sorry for the inconvenience frown emoticon

Kind regards,
Matija Matvoz
myLPG.eu

In the meantime I have removed the app ..

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
This is one app that I DO NOT rely on as being accurate - have been caught out loads of times, where the petrol station no longer sells LPG
Therefore I tend to fill my tanks when half empty, that way I never run out.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@scotjimland I've just had more or less the same reply by email:

Hello Nick,

thank you for your mail.
Unfortunately with the last update a bug was found that prevents updating
the database.
It has already been fixed, but I am still waiting for the approval from App
store.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Matija Matvoz
myLPG.eu

Nice quick response (y)

matvoz2

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
-
Exp
-
Hello all,

Google Alerts pointed me to this forum.
After reading this thread, I have some mixed feelings. On one hand I am really happy that you find my page and app useful, but on the other hand I feel guilty it they don't function as they should; if you had any problems with locating station or even worse, found out there were no stations at certain locations.

This is a one-man-band project, but I try to correct all mistakes that are found. That is why I was glad you reached out via different channels (@NickNic: can you tell me please what was wrong on the contact form?). The bug was very specific, it affected only certain iOS devices, so it didn't came out during testing.
About the station database. One part of it is from official station companies, one part national associations and part are visitor generated. Stations come and go, and when anybody reports a station has closed or that some data is imperfect, I am glad to update the right info.
The more confirmations and the more recent they are, the bigger the chance a station is there and is still alive.

@Robert Clark: sorry to hear about the bad experiences. Do you still know of any station that I have and doesn't have LPG anymore? I would like to disable them all.

As far as I know, I only have one more post before I am in the read-only state, so if I can improve the page/app in anyway, I would love to hear you out on any other channel (twitter, fb, mail).

Kind regards,
Matija Matvoz

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
@matvoz I am fortunate that I have Android so this did not affect me, equally I use your app and POI file and have not had a problem with stations not having LPG when you showed otherwise, but to be fair my use has been limited probably 4 times in the last year. But thank you for taking the time to explain the issue.
Michael

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
This is a one-man-band project, but I try to correct all mistakes that are found. That is why I was glad you reached out via different channels (@NickNic: can you tell me please what was wrong on the contact form?).

The page just seemed to hang. Probably just a one off.

It's no problem though, I emailed you instead and you replied to that quickly (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hello all,

Google Alerts pointed me to this forum.
After reading this thread, I have some mixed feelings. On one hand I am really happy that you find my page and app useful, but on the other hand I feel guilty it they don't function as they should; if you had any problems with locating station or even worse, found out there were no stations at certain locations.

This is a one-man-band project, but I try to correct all mistakes that are found. That is why I was glad you reached out via different channels (@NickNic: can you tell me please what was wrong on the contact form?). The bug was very specific, it affected only certain iOS devices, so it didn't came out during testing.
About the station database. One part of it is from official station companies, one part national associations and part are visitor generated. Stations come and go, and when anybody reports a station has closed or that some data is imperfect, I am glad to update the right info.
The more confirmations and the more recent they are, the bigger the chance a station is there and is still alive.

@Robert Clark: sorry to hear about the bad experiences. Do you still know of any station that I have and doesn't have LPG anymore? I would like to disable them all.

As far as I know, I only have one more post before I am in the read-only state, so if I can improve the page/app in anyway, I would love to hear you out on any other channel (twitter, fb, mail).

Kind regards,
Matija Matvoz
Hi Matija
Thank you for your reply
Here are a couple that do not sell Autogas

image.png

image.png

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
App has been updated and is now working as it should

thanks @matvoz2

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have tried this app before and found it total rubbish dont Know about anywhere else but local to me .it is around ten years out of date showing non-exisant suppliers .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back