My very first post from ten years back how about yours. (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Well well using Jim's latest technology I have found my very first post from way back then. I found the reply's as interesting then as I did now. Many no longer members for one reason or another.
Anyway here is my very first thread, how about making yours available for us to pick holes in. ;)

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Here’s my first thread below, I’ve changed my forum name, I’m now retired, I don’t own a motorbike anymore, my Jack Russell as past away, I’m five vans on, about to sell current van and finishing with motorhoming altogether.

John.

Harleyjohn
Hi there folks, I will just introduce myself, I work as a gas service engineer, have a wife called Pat, and a little Jack Russell called Scrumpy. my other passion is motorbiking and camping. John.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
This was my first one:-

Heated Rail

Hi, a newbie to the website here, but a Frankia owner for 6 years during which time we have never been able to get the heated towel rail in the shower room to work anything like efficiently. Any body out there managed to make it work? :helpsos:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
heres mine
Hi Everyone
Well I am new on here but motorhomeing has been part of my life since teenage days.
In 1965 my mates and me had a austin a35 van with sack bags and a sheet in the back touring wales.
Then when I started courting my girlfriend Maureen who later became my wife (sadly now passed away) her family all had caravans and her dad had a static in cricceth, all of which we made good use of :winky: But the best of all her brother inlaw was into VWs which we borrowed anytime we could.
As time went by we got married and moved on to a Commer camper van and went all over in it, which was ok with our first son but when the next one came we found it to crowded, so reluctently it was changed for an estate car, and we started going to Haven in statics for holidays, dont get me wrong we all loved it there but it wasnt like being in your own van.
So anyway we bought our own static in Rhyl:Eeek: only because i was dairy farming by now and didnt have a lot of spare time, so it was handy for quick weekends away.
In 1999 I gave up milking and started driving a van for an electrical wholesalers, and we started going abroard courtisy of ryanair for less than we could stay at home but then the bomb dropped and maureen got cancer, (they say everyone has someone close who has had it but for us it was compleatly out of the blue) and passed away in 2008.
At the begining of 2010 I met my present partener, Julie, who also had lost her husband at about the same time but had been living in France for five years but she also had been into motorhomes, so we got looking for one and bought an LDV converted van off ebay unseen and it has been brilliant , we have been all over britain in it and last year we did 4000 miles around France, Italy and Spain in a month ( it is for sale if any one would like to have a look at it £2500 taxed and tested)
Well just before xmas my son and daughter both had new (secondhand) vans so we got to thinking if they can have modern ones we ought to, being as we are both now getting our pension, if we dont now we probebly never will so we have gone mad and spent more money than we have ever done before in one lump, and bought a 07 compass aventgarde, which after looking at teens of them seems to be everything we need ( much the same as the old LDV but faster quieter and very nice inside)
Well there we have it , only just found this site by asking a question about the new van but can now see what I have been missing.
Keep up the good work.
Chaser

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Here's mine. 26th Aug 2007.
Tap on it and see the full thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
heres mine
Hi Everyone
Well I am new on here but motorhomeing has been part of my life since teenage days.
In 1965 my mates and me had a austin a35 van with sack bags and a sheet in the back touring wales.
Then when I started courting my girlfriend Maureen who later became my wife (sadly now passed away) her family all had caravans and her dad had a static in cricceth, all of which we made good use of :winky: But the best of all her brother inlaw was into VWs which we borrowed anytime we could.
As time went by we got married and moved on to a Commer camper van and went all over in it, which was ok with our first son but when the next one came we found it to crowded, so reluctently it was changed for an estate car, and we started going to Haven in statics for holidays, dont get me wrong we all loved it there but it wasnt like being in your own van.
So anyway we bought our own static in Rhyl:Eeek: only because i was dairy farming by now and didnt have a lot of spare time, so it was handy for quick weekends away.
In 1999 I gave up milking and started driving a van for an electrical wholesalers, and we started going abroard courtisy of ryanair for less than we could stay at home but then the bomb dropped and maureen got cancer, (they say everyone has someone close who has had it but for us it was compleatly out of the blue) and passed away in 2008.
At the begining of 2010 I met my present partener, Julie, who also had lost her husband at about the same time but had been living in France for five years but she also had been into motorhomes, so we got looking for one and bought an LDV converted van off ebay unseen and it has been brilliant , we have been all over britain in it and last year we did 4000 miles around France, Italy and Spain in a month ( it is for sale if any one would like to have a look at it £2500 taxed and tested)
Well just before xmas my son and daughter both had new (secondhand) vans so we got to thinking if they can have modern ones we ought to, being as we are both now getting our pension, if we dont now we probebly never will so we have gone mad and spent more money than we have ever done before in one lump, and bought a 07 compass aventgarde, which after looking at teens of them seems to be everything we need ( much the same as the old LDV but faster quieter and very nice inside)
Well there we have it , only just found this site by asking a question about the new van but can now see what I have been missing.
Keep up the good work.
Chaser
That is brilliant chaser, sad in places but a diary entry of your life as it was back in 2007.
Thanks...(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back