Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
I thought I would post my project I started on our new Adria Twin van, see if this is of any help to anyone and any comments on things that you would have done different. My project is to install enough power in the van so we can go anywhere without having to worry about battery power. We like off grid touring and may venture more north where we will rely more on batteries than when we go to Spain.
So the setup I intend fitting it a Lithium battery, B2B for charging and 320 watts solar on the roof.
For the B2B I have opted for Victron Orion TR 12/12 30.
Solar I have Renogy panels and one NDS panel fitted by dealer
Solar controller again Victron MPPT 100 / 30
Battery I have on order Roamer 200aH lithium under seat design as this needs to be installed under passenger seat.
Lithium charging on EHU will still be by EBL-211 as this gives out 14.4v. Will only be used as a top up in emergency as I understand Lithium cannot be float charged. May end up building a timer on this so I can switch on for 30 min charges with auto turn off
I think that covers most of it. I will post as I get on. So far B2B is fitted and working Vlog link below

Adria Twin fitting Victron Orion Tr B2B

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
Absolutely brilliant video! We are installing pretty much the same into our AT Apache 700. Gone for a Sterling 120Ah battery (like you it’s stuck on a tanker en route from China!). Plus the 25 amp Redarc B2B + MPPT Solar charger unit, as we like the fact it priorities solar, so even when your driving it takes any solar available & tops it up (if needed) with alternator current, so even less strain on the alternator. Plus 300 watts of solar. The issue we have is trying to get anyone to put in writing or video exactly how to disable alternator charge supply to our Sargent PSU (EC500)! Tech guy at Sargent could only give a verbal explanation (which we should have recorded!), they will not provide any written instructions. It’s driving us nuts!! We believe as well that once you disable that charge both the fridge & step will no longer work on 12v as they are part of that relay. Your video is unbelievably helpful & has reassured my husband that everything he’s done so far is spot on. So if anyone knows about our Sargent issue please tell us 😊

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
So if anyone knows about our Sargent issue please tell us
Iv ejust had a quick look and cant find it.

This issue has bugged so many of us, but there we a few good posts here last week on how 2 or 3 different people tackled it succesfully.
One snipped the wires and blocked them off(yellow and white I think) , another removed a fuse (I think that sargent was an e166) blajh blah, but the upsho from memory was that the step and fridge still worked and was easily turned back to standard if required.
Have a brows for "lithium" or something like over the past week or so.
If I find it Ill post

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
try this

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks 👍🏻 Hopefully it’s the same wiring set up for the EC500, we do have the wiring diagrams so will check.

OP
OP
Motorhomer14

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
What's been said on the link Tombola has added is very good for the EC units. Revolve solution is probably the easiest if you can not find the correct fuse and will work for any control unit as far as I can see

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back