My router doesn't like Win 10 (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Upgraded to Win 10 and my wifi internet speeds fell through the floor, from 30 Mbps to around 2Mbps :( Its a TP-Link 1750 so a fairly modern one, I know its the router because I can connect to the pubs wifi and be back to 30Mbps. Downloaded the latests drivers and its still the same.:(

Ian

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
I'd be tempted to reboot the router and see if it improves things. If it doesn't then perhaps your computer's wifi device hasn't found the right driver during the Win 10 upgrade so it might be worth searching for an updated driver for it. Edit - which I've just spotted you have already done so my bet is it's the router itself that is the problem.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The replies on that site all seem to say its the onboard wifi, which isn't the case for me, as I can connect at full speed to the pub's wifi, I would rather be on my own as the pub's is wide open to attack. BT engineer friend of mine said that MS have altered the wifi settings so maybe my router is nolonger compatible with win 10. Just have to stay on the pub's wifi and hope for an update. I had already turned of location and a stack of other things.

Ian

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I had a peek in Windows Administrative/System Information and it says I have Build 10240. A bit of Googling suggests this is not the latest build. I have checked on Settings/Updates and it says I have a cumulative update to install but there is no detailof what it is - which is another thing I've read about recently. MS are rolling out updates without an explanation. Oh well, live dangerously. I will do install the update which requires a restart. I may never be heard from again...:eek:

Edit: It turned out it was just an update for Windows Defender and no problems installing. A bit more Googling suggests build 10240 is the latest production version.

Last edited:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Interesting. I've just upgraded to W10 and found it fine (well so far!) But the best thing is that my router - BT 3 - no longer keeps dropping out and I'm now getting fastest service I've had in ages.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
What happens if you connect direct via a CAT5 cable?
If it OK that way must be something to do with Win 10 drivers for wifi chipset, or chipset may not be compatible with Win10.

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just tried the wife's computor on cat5, I upgraded her's to win 10 as well and its the same, slow, slow, slow. Perhaps the router is buggered and its just a coincidence that it was at the sametime as I upgraded.
I have a usb 5Ghz wifi adaptor along with the lappies inbuilt 2.5, same speed on both Graham.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back