Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
HI All,
Just been away for a long weekend with the 5'er, due away again this week, but strangely over the weekend just gone, the gas regulator decided to switch bottles, indicating that bottle 1 was empty, so I duly disconnected it to change, only to find that it was still about half full :shout::shout:

So replaced anyway with a fresh cylinder, all connected back up, 10 mins later indicator gauge on the regulator says that bottle 2 is now nearly empty......:shout::shout:

So I conclude that either I have a monumental Gas leak::bigsmile: ...seems unlikley as I am still alive ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: OR that the regulator has developed a fault. So:

Does anyone know of a good UK sourced regulator which will work with UK Gas bottles and US appliances which can be fitted in place of this one.?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Rob,,, Have a word with our friend "Paul" dont know what set up he put on mine but it worked very well.. :thumb:

Unless he put the same on yours, in which case it might be faulty!!! :Sad:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi if you really want help try putting the title in English, no idea what "pants" means some of us educated people struggle with gutter talk, hee hee.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
robrobc

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
hi if you really want help try putting the title in English, no idea what "pants" means some of us educated people struggle with gutter talk, hee hee.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Terribly sorry and all that.................It should read .............
My Regulator is not very good

Hope that is better ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi rob, do you know what pressure your gas needs to run at. it is possible to get propane regulators that adjust.i have one here made in italy that adjusts from 20-60 mbr.it is marked propane /butane.has our old butane screw fitting as i bought it abroad .they used to have a big adjust handle on top ,must be able to get one in uk . if not let me know you can have this one. cheers alan.

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Gas Regulator

HI All,
Just been away for a long weekend with the 5'er, due away again this week, but strangely over the weekend just gone, the gas regulator decided to switch bottles, indicating that bottle 1 was empty, so I duly disconnected it to change, only to find that it was still about half full :shout::shout:

So replaced anyway with a fresh cylinder, all connected back up, 10 mins later indicator gauge on the regulator says that bottle 2 is now nearly empty......:shout::shout:

So I conclude that either I have a monumental Gas leak::bigsmile: ...seems unlikley as I am still alive ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: OR that the regulator has developed a fault. So:

Does anyone know of a good UK sourced regulator which will work with UK Gas bottles and US appliances which can be fitted in place of this one.?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Hi Rob

Sorry to hear of your woes! I have this item which came with the 2 spanish CEPSA bottles that i brought on ebay. I dont need it so if its of any use to you let me know.

Regards Ant&Debs

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
niche-marketing at manby might be able to help you they will be at the lincoln show this weekend. I know they used to have spare ones that were autochange but dont know of cost. if you want their number pm me

OP
OP
robrobc

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Hi Rob

Sorry to hear of your woes! I have this item which came with the 2 spanish CEPSA bottles that i brought on ebay. I dont need it so if its of any use to you let me know.

Regards Ant&Debs

Hi Tony and Debs

Thanks for the kind offer, that is not really the thing I am looking to replace

This is it Link Removed

Hope that all is well with you both and speak soon.

Thanks again

Rob

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Rob

We never use the auto switchover, we always leave one bottle turned off until the other one is definitely empty as we found in the past that they always switch over before the bottle you are using is completely empty, at least this way we know the bottle is empty and we get no wastage, also if you don't realise it is switched over you finish up with two near empty bottles.

Nigel and Pamala

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Hi Tony and Debs

Thanks for the kind offer, that is not really the thing I am looking to replace

This is it Link Removed

Hope that all is well with you both and speak soon.

Thanks again

Rob

Hi Rob

Hope you got sorted. Debs wanted to say she is a happy bunny today her Quad arrived.

Regards

Ant&Debs

OP
OP
robrobc

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Hi Rob

Hope you got sorted. Debs wanted to say she is a happy bunny today her Quad arrived.

Regards

Ant&Debs

That is just fab.......I bet she is chuffed to bits.

I will get a new regulator at Lincoln this weekend.
I am sure that I am not the first to need one so there we go.

Hope you guys are well

Regards

Rob

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Hi Rob

She does have a smile on her face, we were gonna go to lincoln at weekend too, but we are off to greece next week for 2 weeks instead. :ROFLMAO: Really sorry that we will wont be there as it would have been nice to meet up. Hope you able to get the part you need. Our unit was due to leave factory this week. Heres hoping!

Regards

Ant&Debs

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I thought this thread may have been about chastity belts (regulator is pants):ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
robrobc

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
I thought this thread may have been about chastity belts (regulator is pants):ROFLMAO:

It can be if you want it to be :ROFLMAO:

Update on my regulator.................I threatened it with the spanner and hammer this trip and it has worked faultlessly :Doh::Doh:...................Human error maybe ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Rob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back