My Re-Chargeable Torch is now Dead, just when I needed it!!! (2 Viewers)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Recommendations on which replacement torch to buy as like many we have had a few in recent years, all of which just seem to die without warning.
The last two were Lantern 3 way types, just right for the MH or car you would have thought, as they have a large front LED lamp, a second fluorescent lamp on the side and can Flash also as a warning to others.
We had two of the now defunked RAC Orange & Black rechargeable ones, which lasted about 2 years a piece, but they seem to have been discontinued now as the reviews were not that great.
So what would you recommend please, a lantern type would be good, although a torch type will be considered if they are more reliable. Ideally want a rechargeable one for longer usage i.e 20/30 minutes walking in the dark.
Thanks for any help.

Les

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I just bought two of these for taking the dog out early and late. I paid £12 each and bought 2. they are very bright and the flood is wide. It lights our acre and a half up completely on wide, and when you zoom it in its impressive. It looks like a 300ft long light sabre! It comes with one of those chunky rechargeable batteries and recharges from the supplied USB lead. Really impressed with it (y)

Amazon product ASIN B07166QR53

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We have a @Terry torch and its great. These torches were very kindly given out by @Terry. I'm sure he will be along soon to say exactly what they are.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I use one of these for walking the dog, I use with rechargeable batteries (3 x AAA) which las about a week. Broken Link Removed 3 light levels + a red lamp

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
I just bought two of these for taking the dog out early and late. I paid £12 each and bought 2. they are very bright and the flood is wide. It lights our acre and a half up completely on wide, and when you zoom it in its impressive. It looks like a 300ft long light sabre! It comes with one of those chunky rechargeable batteries and recharges from the supplied USB lead. Really impressed with it (y)

Amazon product ASIN B07166QR53

Just ordered 2 from Amazon on your recommendation on the grounds that if it's good enough for our leader the it's good enough for me!!;)

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
I've had this heavy old girl for must be knocking on 20 years. bit like triggers broom, Had the crap knocked out of her, falling of walls knocked off the top of vans etc, still get the parts, had new lens more than once, new reflector once, Before Christmas she wasn't holding her charge, took the front off to replace the battery & it wern't good, so a new main case was ordered, best torch I've ever had, not cheap though, they do others. I find parts from Mole Valley Farmers cheaper,
https://clulite.cluson.co.uk/

http://www.molevalleyfarmers.com/mvf/store/store-home

WP_20180106_18_50_22_Pro[1].jpg
WP_20180106_18_50_35_Pro[1].jpg

Reactions: Jim
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
A friend showed me his Olight head torch the other day, was very impressive both quality (aluminium) and light output.
So I looked on their website and found the ultimate torch, it's very small and can be used as a torch or head torch as it comes with a strap. It's rechargeable via USB phone charger and the standard 3.6v lithium battery is easily replaceable when the time comes.
The battery lasts 5 hours on the medium setting which is very bright and the high and turbo setting are just stupidly bright. Only downside is cost £57 on ebay or amazon, but you get what you pay for. Recommended (y)

Screenshot_20180407-142116.png

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
I bought my Chinese torch on ebey it has a rechargeable battery and a frame to hold 3 aa batts so I'm covered whatever happens about £10 I think.

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Just ordered 2 from Amazon on your recommendation on the grounds that if it's good enough for our leader the it's good enough for me!!;)

Just to avoid any confusion in fundom, what colour, pray, is your nose?:)

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Just to avoid any confusion in fundom, what colour, pray, is your nose?:)

Unsurprisingly, pale shade of brown since you ask:cautious:

The torches however are actually very good though!! :D2

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Bought cheap 2 chinese "police" torches, never gone flat even when the grandchildren play with them, once or twice a year they get charged (no indication of charging finished) very bright and adjustable. Cost about £6 the pair.

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
I splashed out on one of these.
https://m.petzl.com/GB/en/Sport/PERFORMANCE-headlamps/REACTIK-PLUS
It's a great bit of kit and charges from a USB connection. I use it for night navigation rallies and it stays bright and useable for a good 4 hours ........ probably more, but that's all I tend to need it for. Changes light intensity automatically depending on what you're looking at or how distant. Lights up a good 20 yards ahead if necessary. Big thumbs up albeit at a price.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I splashed out on one of these.
https://m.petzl.com/GB/en/Sport/PERFORMANCE-headlamps/REACTIK-PLUS
It's a great bit of kit and charges from a USB connection. I use it for night navigation rallies and it stays bright and useable for a good 4 hours ........ probably more, but that's all I tend to need it for. Changes light intensity automatically depending on what you're looking at or how distant. Lights up a good 20 yards ahead if necessary. Big thumbs up albeit at a price.

That looks good. What powers it? Three AA batteries or a lithium battery? Both are mentioned. So optional?

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
I don't have any external batteries in it. Just plug it into a USB and it charges up. You can monitor it on a phone app and can change the settings to suit the way you are using it.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I ordered the olight H2R on Friday and it came this afternoon. It's the big brother of the one I've already got :love:
Took it on the back garden to try it out on it's highest setting and wow! I burst out laughing at the ridiculous light output.
You know the old 500w outside floodlight things? Well a bit like that but brighter in the centre and more directional.
It's the natural white one so the same colour as halogen, I don't like the blue ones.
Battery (customised 18650, will work with a normal one but you won't be able to charge it inside the torch) lasts 2.5 hours on high, 10 hours on medium or 50 hours on low. Low is probably enough for most jobs (y)

£69.95 Sod the cost, buy one :ROFLMAO:
Screenshot_20181230-181053_Opera.jpg

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back