My Nuvi has fallen out with me... (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
so, is this £50 one any good?
Sorry, Sue, I don't know which one you mean. There is no link in your post and I can't see a reference to a "£50 one" on this thread. The one that I have is branded Nozatec (similar to Broken Link Removed) but those branded Xgody (like the one Andy pointed to) look very similar.

OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Thanks GJH, I've ordered the £36.00 truck Sat Nav. Crikey if it lasts a year then I'm happy. I will report back...

KH

Reactions: GJH

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Can you transfer POI and and do your mapping on a PC to transfer to Chinese device please? Would like to know how

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
(y) Some downloads in the Resources section:
Trikeman's Broken Link Removed
Lunarman's Broken Link Removed

Ha! - great to see my old download still doing the rounds.::bigsmile:

My Chinese 7 inch tluck, solly, truck sat-nav is still going strong, used it on the weekend just gone and we (Wife and I) still have a good laugh at the Chinese lady's running commentary,,,, turns the journey into great fun waiting for and guessing the next instruction.
:clap2:

"keep light lane" "100 yards, take 1st reft on loundabout" and my favourite, "you are over the speed rimitt"... "Caution low blidge" "Le-calculating loute" "saterright lost" etc, etc.:laughing::rofl:

Absolutely and deadly accurate and has NEVER let us down - best £60 I've ever spent.

Regards,
Tlikeman. :blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Hello

I have downloaded the manual but i see that it is Ver2 dated 2012 and the interface seem to have been updated as it is not quite the same graphics as mine. Is there a newer version available. I did look on the iGo website and it offers a 2008 version!

Thanks.

KH

OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Cheers, it is a great help, the functions seem the same it's just that the icons are a little different.

BTW Andy is that a Fiat dashboard you have your unit mounted on? I took a look at the thread you started and I'm thinking on going for the clipboard option.

Thanks.

KH

OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
BTW the nuvi that is refusing to speak to me is now transferred to my motorcycle (Burgman 400) as I wouldn't be able to hear it anyway! :)

KH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
My Nuvi has taken a fit this morning on our way to Tanger Med port to catch the ferry back to Spain from Morocco.
Fortunately I know the way.
It was refusing to calculate any routes. It would find places and knew where we were but just wouldn't calculate a route form one to the other.:(
After trawling the net while parked waiting to board I tried every suggestion I could find but in the end decided to do a full hard reset. Which looks like it just have worked. We won't find out for sure until we get to Algecirasas the reset means I have lost all my user data including favourites and the Morocco maps:(
Still, if it works at least I have a satnav instead of a dashboard ornament!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back