TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Provided there are no "complications" and the paperwork is correct (I noticed just in time the optician had ticked the wrong box) there shouldn't be any delay. Mine was back in a week too!

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
C1 renewal at 70 posted 1st August, new licence received today, the 9th. Phew!!
Was the new licence issued valid for 3 years from the date of expiry of the old one or from the date of issue of the new one?

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R
Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
3 years from expiry of old one. Must admit, from previous posts I was expecting 3 years from date of issue, so it was a nice surprise. Interesting that I didn't ask for it, but I still have D1. Have also just claimed my postage back for no signature on delivery. Yes, I know DVLA bulk sign, but at least I had a proof of posting, and now I'll get the customary book of stamps in compensation.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
DVLA told me it would be 3 years from the issue of the new licence but I could not understand the logic in that. The rules forbid applying more than 3 months before the expiry of the old licence, so one would assume this was because one would keep the existing renewal date - a bit like the 1 month for an MoT. If there were going to date it from issue, then there is no sense in disbarring applications at any time suitable to the applicant, eg because of travel.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I've had a lot of dealings with the DVLA; registering old unregistered or reconstructed motor bikes, swapping/reclaiming original numbers, changing engines/frames, importing bikes. Provided that you comply exactly with the process they are very efficient.

OP
OP
R
Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
I agree, but some of their processes can be a little hard to follow. Once you've done something successfully once, it becomes much easier and clearer. And, yes, I've always found them helpful on the phone.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
My renewal was three years from date of issue. Not really bothered as it was close enough anyway to the expiry date - I had to hang on a bit to get the free NHS eyesight check............

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
Please can you help? D4 medical form completed, D2 application form completed. Our question is do we also have to complete driving licence form D46PW? Any help is much appreciated.

Mike and Toni

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
I just did the D4 and D2. I rang DVLA to check and they confirmed that was all that was required. What is a D46PW?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
D4 plus D2.

Don't need a new photo (£17 fee) unless it's 10 years old. I thought the instructions weren't very clear so sent a photo and cheque for £17. Got the licence back okay and in the same post a cheque for £17 as they didn't need a new photo! My original cheque, which I would have thought they'd just destroy or send back, hit my bank account a few days later. Crazy!

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
I just did the D4 and D2. I rang DVLA to check and they confirmed that was all that was required. What is a D46PW?
Thank you for help much appreciated. The D46PW is the form they send through the post to everyone who is coming up to their 70th Birthday. We had to apply online for the D4 and D2 forms to be sent.

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
D4 plus D2.

Don't need a new photo (£17 fee) unless it's 10 years old. I thought the instructions weren't very clear so sent a photo and cheque for £17. Got the licence back okay and in the same post a cheque for £17 as they didn't need a new photo! My original cheque, which I would have thought they'd just destroy or send back, hit my bank account a few days later. Crazy!
Thank you for the help very much appreciated. Mike and Toni

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
Thank you for your help everyone, Mike received his license with all existing categories which is good news. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back