My Little Radio Project (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Been picked up by someone in Russia now! I'm hoping later today, when daylight arrives there I might reach North America - but that is probably a bit optimistic. :)

EDIT Spoken out of turn - just been spotted from Canada! My first trans-Atlantic message and not bad for what is probably, given the voltage I'm running it on only 4W of power at most. :)

View attachment 449216
I expect the next thing that may happen is a knock on the door from someone from GCHQ startled by this increase in morse traffic between you and Russia. 😀 Honest, gov, we were just discussing the next likely vote-off on Strictly!

• Funny
Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just added Slovenia and Sweden. :)
and now the USA. :)

RBN4-171220.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I had a frustrating afternoon! Flushed with my success this morning I walked up to the top of a hill on Dartmoor to see how much further I could transmit - perhaps even the west coast of the US?

I didn't find out as after a 45 minute walk from the car through low cloud and a few squally shows I discovered as I unpacked on the summit I had left behind an essential cable!

On the plus side Charlie enjoyed the walk and if the weather ever improves I will try again. :)

I've also created a packing list!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back