MY HUSBAND HAS AN EU PASSPORT (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2015
tunbridge wells
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
My husband has an Irish Passport, mine is UK. We want to tour France, Spain and more for longer than the 90 days in any 180. Obviously he can stay as long as he likes, does any body know of a way in which I can legally accompany him. There must be lots of couples like us!!!!

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Carpmart Yep!
There was a thread on here some time ago from a New Zealand guy (If i remember correctly) who was married to a EU national.
Each EU country has it's own duration of stay rules but they are mostly 90 days especially if schengen.
Think u would obviously need proof that u were out of the country for a calendar day and you need to be travelling with your eu national wife.
If u click on the 'berni109 said' at top of this post it will take you back to the eu legislation. I added in a similar thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clever Claire
Oct 20, 2015
tunbridge wells
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
We have searched the web and no where does it say this is possible. It clearly states without a visa you can only stay for 90 days in any 180. What it doesn't tell you is where and how you can get permission to stay longer.

Sep 10, 2017
Wybunbury, Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Apache 634 Hi Line
Exp
Since 2019
We have searched the web and no where does it say this is possible. It clearly states without a visa you can only stay for 90 days in any 180. What it doesn't tell you is where and how you can get permission to stay longer.
I read it several months ago but on checking now the various sites you could indeed be correct :oops: ill keep digging

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
ryanair cheapest return you can get................other cheap airline may still be operating after the pandemic āœˆļø

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Send picture, of bank statements šŸ˜‰

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
May I assume you were married in the UK?
If so you might consider a bold move, I cannot guarantee this and it definitely needs more research. However divorce in the UK re- marry in Eire.
Please research

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Clever Claire did u read the attachments I linked to above?
There are 3 things u need to consider :
1) As the spouse of an Irish national u are entitled to be with him in Ireland but because gb/Ireland have a free travel agreement it's not relevant. However if he was Greek (say) you can accompany him to travel to that country and he can stay as long as he likes but because you are a GB passport holder u can only stay for 90days because that's an internal Greek law. U would then both have to leave Greece for a 24hour period and then both of u could return for another 90 days because u are travelling with your spouse.
2) If you both go to France you are travelling with your EU national spouse but the same rules apply as in (1) u would need to leave after xx days (90 I think is the Franch national law) for 24hrs and could both then return. Dont know if France has any restriction on how long EU nationals can stay but they do have the right to travel/return so leaving with u for 24hrs would restart their eligibility period.
3) Schengen 90 in 180 does not apply because you are travelling with an EU national in the eu area. Not sure if Norway and Switzerland follow the rule in (2).
That's my understanding.
Hth.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have the same so as long as your together you can stay out with him, our problem is our Labrador can only stay out for 4 months on the AHC.
The dog's not a problem, you can either get an EU passport whilst there or get a new AHC from an EU vet to come back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back