Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Hi.

Quick Hello
So I/we are new to Motorhome'ing (Me 38/ Wife 32)

We rented one this summer with our 2 year old little girl and dog (Labradore) and loved it. I work as a Pilot so hate going to airports on days off as you can imagine. We loved the just loaded from the house up and leave when you fancy feeling and all beds made before leaving the house and no check in times etc. FREEDOM.

We since spend the whole summer looking at vans and going to the Lincoln motorhome show etc etc..

Well yesterday I bit the bullitt and risked buying us our first van. We toyed with New and used up to 7-8 years old but it was hard to find that perfect fit. What we ended up finding was a year old Swift 696 with rear bunks and overcab double. (Same as we rented pretty much) Ticks almost every box we wanted bar a few missing items like awning and satellite but this can all be added later. Very happy with the price and having only 2818miles on it its basically new but less the VAT of a new one. Rear beds still have the plastic on.

Here she is.

We have only Saturday and Sunday off next weekend when we collect it (Thursday) so just trying to find a place to go for the 1 night as a test close to home. Thinking it would be nice to park up and wake up with a direct sea view somewhere like Scarborough area (we are from Sheffield) Any tips on locations appreciated.

Ill post again probably after pick up with a full hello but for now thanks in advance for any advice you can give. From insurance right down to the perfect potato peeler.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome from another Sheffielder!! We go to Castleton a lot as its so near to Sheffield but no sea views! (6 pubs in very close proximity with good food!)We also joined one of the big clubs CC or CandCC as they have sites open all year.
Lovely van and good luck to you all:WelcomeFlag:

Tricky 1969

Free Member
Oct 27, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer B564
Exp
Welcome from another new member :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Hi welcome to fun your van looks very nice
congratulations.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
:HelloThere:And welcome to the house of fun. Ask any question you like and someone will be along with the answer very soon. You just have to pick it out from the plethora of jokes and jibes that come flooding in with it. Enjoy your new hobby you will have a great time.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello and welcome to the Fun
upload_2016-11-3_13-46-13.png

I have a question @davidathomas42 : Who gets to play in the top bunk???

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome, the van looks brand new.

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Hi and welcome also.
We had a Swift Escape 686 as our first van which we kept from when they where first launched and only changed this year as offered a great trade in price. Enjoy
Ray

OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Wow what a lot of replies. Clearly an active forum.

I forgot to mention the wife does not know its our yet lol

Were going to view some more tomorrow (is what she thinks) ill tel her when we see it.
I was hoping to do it on pick up day with the full demo but she has to work now so going to have to collect it myself. So tomorrow will just be a poke about it for half an hour once she knows.

To Anthea M
We go to Castleton a lot. Its one of my favourite places on the planet. Never thought about it as a van destination. I guess there will be a lot of places we will now use differently. Cant wait.

Just got into bed. Missis sleeping soundly so I am now trolling the internet to sort out the destination and also power Ebaying a few essential items.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We've got some inside silver blinds you can borrow until you can get some super duper out door ones . They do help in the colder weather ( pm me )

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We've got some inside silver blinds you can borrow until you can get some super duper out door ones . They do help in the colder weather ( pm me )

Not sure he can until he pays his subs ..... well worth every penny, you get lots of funster discounts and can go on rallies and the like :)

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
:hiya2:
Welcome aboard! We bought our first Moho this year. Similar to yours but the escape 664 with fixed bed at the rear. We're loving it so far. Had some great trips this year and planning a big trip to France next year. Enjoy!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back