My Comparison of all UK 3G Roaming Prices - April 2013 (1 Viewer)

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
At Peterborough we chatted to a lot of funsters about the cost of using their 3G devices abroad - Dongles, MiFi's and Smartphones. This is a common theme which runs through the forum as well and so on Sunday I spent a bit of time putting together all of the costs from all of the UK providers (and a couple of roaming operators) into one table. I hope to update this as things change - which they are due to do again on the 1st July 2013.

It might look a little complicated at first, but it details the cost for those who either use the data on a signal day ad-hoc (and this is shown according to data used on that day) and those who require a daily internet connection - such as us.

More information on our blog:

Click to view on our blog

http://www.motorhomewifi.com/blog/comparison-of-3g-data-roaming-charges-april-2013/

I hope this is of use - happy to answer any questions as best I can.

Adam

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
At Peterborough we chatted to a lot of funsters about the cost of using their 3G devices abroad - Dongles, MiFi's and Smartphones. This is a common theme which runs through the forum as well and so on Sunday I spent a bit of time putting together all of the costs from all of the UK providers (and a couple of roaming operators) into one table. I hope to update this as things change - which they are due to do again on the 1st July 2013.

It might look a little complicated at first, but it details the cost for those who either use the data on a signal day ad-hoc (and this is shown according to data used on that day) and those who require a daily internet connection - such as us.

More information on our blog:

Click to view on our blog

http://www.motorhomewifi.com/blog/comparison-of-3g-data-roaming-charges-april-2013/

I hope this is of use - happy to answer any questions as best I can.

Adam
Just incase you are thinking of tethering. The £5 a day Three package doesn't allow tethering.

OP
OP
Addie

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just incase you are thinking of tethering. The £5 a day Three package doesn't allow tethering.

Hi Buttons,

I've tried not to go into a lot of detail with various tariffs for ease of reference, but you are right in that the Three handset roaming tariff (named Euro Internet Pass) does not allow tethering.

Adam

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
There is no giffgaff pricing - which is much cheaper fro your smartphone - it does not allow tethering either...you have to buy another "top up" for that.

It also fails to show Threes 15gb per month deal @ £18.99 (data only sim)

These are ones i know about - but just looking at that table its missing a lot

It could be worth looking here for mobile broadband deals measured in GB not MB...

mobile broadbvand deals

YOu can also buy Three pre-loaded cards on fleabay at about 30% cheaper rates than direct from Three.......

Last edited:
OP
OP
Addie

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
There is no giffgaff pricing - which is much cheaper fro your smartphone -

Hi Deckard,

You've misunderstood what the table is showing you. It shows the deals available for European roaming data only and not use in the UK. This is for people who take their 3G devices abroad and so intentionally does not consider what it costs to use them in this country. I think that really would have been information overload!

GiffGaff does not offer any roaming packages, their prices are 69p per Mb so were not included in the above. http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing#roaming-eu.

Likewise the packages from Three you mention are not available for use abroad. Three also do not have any roaming deals for mobile broadband - their entry is correct in that respect.

Adam

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
Hi Deckard,

You've misunderstood what the table is showing you. It shows the deals available for European roaming data only and not use in the UK. This is for people who take their 3G devices abroad and so intentionally does not consider what it costs to use them in this country. I think that really would have been information overload!

GiffGaff does not offer any roaming packages, their prices are 69p per Mb so were not included in the above. http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing#roaming-eu.

Likewise the packages from Three you mention are not available for use abroad. Three also do not have any roaming deals for mobile broadband - their entry is correct in that respect.

Adam

bugger - sorry Addie...i just saw the table and thought, "hell thats expensive!"

of course - I have quoted UK ONLY pricing...apologies for the confusion :Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back