My car, not a motorhome but any techies out there? (1 Viewer)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi all

Had the car checked over before I drove over to the UK, oil changed, new filters etc...

Sometimes it seems to be very slow/sluggish pulling away in first gear--and at other times, perfectly OK.

I noticed today when it seemed very sluggish the "mechanical" light came on. I thought this meant it was due a service? And the guy said "we've re-set the clock" which I took to mean the time until it was die another service.

Otherwise the car is going perfectly, not using any more fuel than normal, no noise from engine, no other probs at all.

It's a Zafira diesel.

Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
the egr valve is blocked,needs cleaning,sometimes a good thrash will clear it, but they do get jamed,and will need removeing and cleaning and the solinoid will need freeing up,when it loses power its going into limp mode and the engine light will come on and the fault code will need to be cleared before normal power return's.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Just had this on my daughters zafira. No power uphill, increase in fuel usage, it was the filters blocked in the actuators on the inlet and exhaust dephasers. Simple Eh?

Craig

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You did not say which engine but this is similar on all vauxhals just to give you some idea of what is involved in cleaning one

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acQKwb03kuM[/ame]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back