my campervan

Discussion in 'Self-Build Motorhomes' started by camperrobbo, Feb 7, 2018.

1. camperrobbo

camperrobbo Funster

Ratings:
    +9
    as you can see ive gutted it out and started to get it how i want it may be a keeper may sell on and buy another.i will take more pics as i go along if there is any interest.all the best.

Attached Files:

• Like it Like it x 3
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Darcar

Darcar Funster

Ratings:
    +18
    Looks like fun! Have you seen the sister site over at diy motorhome forum? There’s loads of ideas there.

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +29,677
    It will be interesting to see how it develops already you can see it taking shape.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Bart

Bart Funster

Ratings:
    +1,493
    +1 , i love seeing a good diy project :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. camperrobbo

camperrobbo Funster

Ratings:
    +9
    well ive done a lot more work to interior re unit/sink/a second unit so i decided at this stage before i do to much i take loads of pics and send them to our freind the dvla to get it registed as motorhome/camper.had it all sent back was refused as exterior has not changed.i will now carry on with interior extra two seats/ power inverter/mains inlet ect.ive been online this is now common with dvla rules have changed.im not going to put windows in back and sides.i will post more pics.all the best be safe on the roads.

6. Benjamin Bronson

Benjamin Bronson Funster

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Camperrobbo. I noticed the bed is across the van in a Renault Trafic, this is against the law , it has to be 6 feet long the distance between the walls in that vehicle is 6 inches short. You will have to put the bed long ways and have a pull out version to make a double bed. Also you must have at least 2 windows in the vehicle side and rear. This is the Regulations that DVLA stipulate when I converted ours which is the sister model to yours a Vauxhall Arena basicly a badged Renault Trafic. There are only 28 of these models left in the country at the moment. ours is a 1999 model with just 37,000 miles on the clock from new.

Good Luck with yours

Regards Ben & Linda