Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
What have I done wrong this time?

The water pump was just a loose wire (fixed) and the water all working perfectly so decided to go to the local lake to try everything out.

Wound the awning out, propped it all up etc.. then at night tried to wind it in. Wound back fine, no problems but the handle won't come out !!!

Apologies to Salopian for disturbing his dinner asking for advice. I've jiggled handle around, wound awning out and in again and it's still stuck. Got home by tying a couple of bungees round it and securing them to ladder and door so it didn't fly around.

Any ideas on what can be wrong and a solution?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if its the Fiamma type were you hook the pole in then pull down and turn, it will only come out in one position....i think its a front to rear plane with the hook facing forwards then gently push up and back maybe swinging the handle forwards slightly.

cant see any other reason for it not coming out.

Upvote 0

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Push the handle in a little and turn anti clockwise slightly, then pull handle out.
sometimes they seem a little fiddly. Be Patient.

regards
Steve:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
You guys are stars! Thanks, PappaJohn--worked instantly, & Steve, see exactly where I was going wrong thanks to your description. Can teach a dyslexic kid to read but can't understand a simple awning handle.................... Going to sit in the corner now.

Upvote 0

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Hey dont beat yourself up over things, we all have to learn and are here to be asked. glad you have now got the "knack" of the handle:winky:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back