Must haves for extended European tour (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi there
New to the forum and in need of some help. As the title suggests ,we are planning an extended eruopean tour (next year) and would like to pick some collective minds.

We have pretty much settled on an A class type of vehicle with a fixed bed in the rear and a pull down at the front as we have a teenager.

Other than that we are not sure what would be regarded as must haves to the vehicle to make the trip as comfortable as possible.

My own thoughts are A/C , a garage , solar panels, sat tv?, decent sized fridge / freezer, gasit and a proper cooker.

Have I missed anything obvious?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Scott.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Hi DBK

It's going to be three to four months May-Sept and predominately France , Spain and Italy. The OH will defo want a hairdryer, me not so much. Thanks for the info.

Depending on hair style, I rarely use my hairdryer. I wait for it to dry naturally which doesn't take long in Europe then control/style it with straighteners

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
We were in your position up until about 9 months ago and are currently in to our 3rd month away France and really enjoying it. Like you we ended up with an A class, a Rapido in fact as mentioned payload and layoout are key. We are delighted with our, an 881, but upgraded the chassis to 4.25 tonnes. That solves the payload issue but does create other issues when using toll roads e.g. go boxes needed in Austria.
I agree with essentially everything that has been said.
AC we don't have and haven't missed it. Silver screen definitely (winter and summer), Solar (2 x 100 watts) and think about an MPPT controller better in low light/cloudy conditions and extra leisure battery(s). We don't have an inverter and haven't needed one or a microwave but do have and use the oven. We tend to stay in a mix of aires and campsites and find that balances out well for us.

We don't have an awning yet either just a large sun brolly and water filled base until we decide. Connectivity (internet) is crucial and there are loads of threads on this site.

Refillable gas definitely, if payload is an issue Autogas2000 supply and fit aluminum refillables, we had them fitted and are delighted with them.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back