Music festival Belvoir Castle (1 Viewer)

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
We have just booked for this event with MMM as we subscribe to them
I enclosed cheque, we got a phone call to-day to say that if we wanted to book in the disabled section, (Peter has become disabled through illness last two years and has difficulty walking far, uses wheelchair on occasions but hates it) it would cost us another £14 as we could not use the MMM discount. Pete said go for the MMM section as we were told it was next to the disabled section. I think this is so bad, we are trying to get on with life, but have had to retire early due to this so are on limited budgets. Have tried to find e mail to contact mmm but can't find one relative.
Am I just having a moan, or is this discrimative?

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Have a good moan there should be discount if anything!

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Silverdreamers

I have just had a look on the Great Escape web site, it does state that the disabled area is separate from the club areas. I cannot find any information regarding discounts for disabled campers. Perhaps a phone call to the show organisers on the following number may be in order.

General Enquiries: 01778 391123
(Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)

Brisey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We were in the disabled area at last years Great Escape (Different venue)- wish we hadn't bothered as the toilets were miles away and we found no advantage in being in the "Disabled" area. We just stick with the Funsters in the club area - plenty of (Sort of) able bodies if you need help :ROFLMAO:
We ignored the MMM discount this year & booked through MotorhomeFun for a £10 discount:Smile:

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
We have just booked for this event with MMM as we subscribe to them
I enclosed cheque, we got a phone call to-day to say that if we wanted to book in the disabled section, (Peter has become disabled through illness last two years and has difficulty walking far, uses wheelchair on occasions but hates it) it would cost us another £14 as we could not use the MMM discount. Pete said go for the MMM section as we were told it was next to the disabled section. I think this is so bad, we are trying to get on with life, but have had to retire early due to this so are on limited budgets. Have tried to find e mail to contact mmm but can't find one relative.
Am I just having a moan, or is this discrimative?

I believe it is clear discrimination...try to get in touch with a local disability advisor...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back