Berniesbargreece

Free Member
Sep 20, 2011
Middlesbrough
Funster No
MH
Autohome Wildfire
Exp
Hiya Guys, I have a pretty old CI Fiat Ducato MWB Riviera Auto trail 2002: I spent the entire summer island hopping in Greece, had a ball, however, I did damage the shower room vent... well it was disintegrating to be honest. Its a pop up one with a silver handle attached to a mushroom cover. The vent fitting is 205mm and the hole is 160mm the mushroom would be about 205mm I'd imagine. So here's my problem, CI has stopped making the bodies and the part seems quite obsolete. For the time being, I have sikaflex'd a breakfast cereal bowl to the handle to cover the hole with a plastic plate on top of this to cover the 205mm required, its working fine but I am looking for any genius ideas to replace the said bowl and plate. I want it to look "normal" should I choose to sell. Its unlikely I will get a replacement (unless anyone is scrapping the exact model which is unlikely) so any ideas would be greatly welcome.... is there a scrap yard for motorhomes?

Attachments

• IMG_6061.jpg
    IMG_6061.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6063.jpg
    IMG_6063.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 79
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Have you looked on eBay or Amazon or John cross.
They maybe not identical, but I'm sure there must be roof vents available.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Berniesbargreece

Free Member
Sep 20, 2011
Middlesbrough
Funster No
MH
Autohome Wildfire
Exp
I havent got a blog, I should have checked this out but didnt... I have stacks of pics but im not sure how to blog, will have to learn. I am sure I could catch up and create the blog.

Attachments

• IMG_6294.jpg
    IMG_6294.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 27
Upvote 0
May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
You could start a new post on here, I'm sure there will be a fair bit of interest, especially with great pictures :giggle::giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Tim Mundy

Free Member
Jan 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
New to motorhomes, caravan for many years
You could try to find someone who can do 3D printing of parts. I know there are a lot of firms who do parts for old cars.

Upvote 0

jimny

Free Member
Jan 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
Sorry forget my last post, It is the wrong size, Teach me to look a bit harder.

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
i know it was a while ago but did you have any luck with a replacement vent. mine is the same and the cover has become brittle and falling apart.

Upvote 0

Miki

Free Member
Jul 5, 2021
Swansea, UK
Funster No
MH
CI Riviera 141
Hiya Guys, I have a pretty old CI Fiat Ducato MWB Riviera Auto trail 2002: I spent the entire summer island hopping in Greece, had a ball, however, I did damage the shower room vent... well it was disintegrating to be honest. Its a pop up one with a silver handle attached to a mushroom cover. The vent fitting is 205mm and the hole is 160mm the mushroom would be about 205mm I'd imagine. So here's my problem, CI has stopped making the bodies and the part seems quite obsolete. For the time being, I have sikaflex'd a breakfast cereal bowl to the handle to cover the hole with a plastic plate on top of this to cover the 205mm required, its working fine but I am looking for any genius ideas to replace the said bowl and plate. I want it to look "normal" should I choose to sell. Its unlikely I will get a replacement (unless anyone is scrapping the exact model which is unlikely) so any ideas would be greatly welcome.... is there a scrap yard for motorhomes?
Hi,
I believe you are looking for this.
It took me a while to find it. It arrived within couple of days from France and it cost me about £45 with delivery (no custom tax). Fitted perfectly.
Cheers,
Miki

Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2021
Fareham, UK
Funster No
MH
Now sold
Exp
Since 2015
Drainage pipe is 160mm with end caps and rodding eyes it shouldn't be too difficult to assemble something that could do the job. A couple of coats of primer and finish with top coat from a spray can should result in something passable.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back