Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Any multiscan users out there.
Ive a 2017 ducato 2.3 130
Do i just need the yellow adaptor?
And just a parnoid question, is a 2017 readable and doesnt have a security gateway SGW? Do these models have a different port to std obd2.
How often are updates actually required, for the same vehicle? thinking about the annual subscription.
Almost every time i use vcds (vagcom) it updates.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Sorry dont know about the adaptor but the subscription is for a year with updates and it works after that but no updates.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
You'll need the yellow adapter for some ECUs unless you have the multiplexer kit. I think you may need the green adapter as well if you have a Comfortmatic gearbox, but check the link Phill D gave you.

I'm not sure about the very latest 2020MY Ducato, but I don't think any prior to that have SGW. If it has, you can get a bypass device. The OBD socket is the same, just that all traffic between the socket and the vehicle network passes through the SGW device.

You only really need updates if something relevant to the vehicles you're using it on is added, or if something is fixed that you've had a problem with. I can't recall anything specific to the Ducato having been released in any recent updates, so I haven't bought a new licence for about 18 months.

Just to add, MES doesn't update when you connect to a vehicle. New versions of the software are placed on the website for download and you install it over your existing installation on your PC. The last licensed version you have when your subscription expires will still be fully functional for ever.

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Manual box

I'm not sure about the very latest 2020MY Ducato, but I don't think any prior to that have SGW. If it has, you can get a bypass device. The OBD socket is the same, just that all traffic between the socket and the vehicle network passes through the SGW device.
I was wondering if the SGW prevents scroates from stealing via OBD2 but you mention a bypass device so probably not.
ps thanks for your help

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Manual box

I was wondering if the SGW prevents scroates from stealing via OBD2 but you mention a bypass device so probably not.
ps thanks for your help
It was introduced to secure the network against that and other issues, but hackers have engineered a way around it before it has been rolled out across the whole vehicle range.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back