Multi voltage battery chargers - 110 and 230v (1 Viewer)

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
Do chargers exist that can work at both 110 and 230v? It seems mad that you'd have to pick one or another. I have a large 280Ah LiFePo4 battery and want to be able to give it a lot of juice (30a+). Victron is my usual go-to but in this instance I can't find an option in their range.

Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
Mastervolt chargers

Charging your batteries with every voltage
The Mastervolt ChargeMaster supplies a maximum capacity wherever you are via auto-ranging. Auto-ranging ensures perfect fully automatic operation anywhere in the world, regardless of the available mains voltage (90-265 V AC, 50 or 60 Hz). The 3-step+ charging technology guarantees fast and complete charging, while the cos phi 1-regulation gets the most out of limited generator capacity.

The rolls Royce of chargers where money is no object, good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R
Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
Awesome, thanks both. They come with a hefty price tag. I think I might just get a high amperage switching power supply ~15v 30A and just link it up to my existing Victron Isolated DC/DC charger. Thinking that I won't ever be running the engine whilst on shore power so can't see it being a problem.

Anyone see any potential issues with that?

Edit: I realised that I have spare server power supplies (70a @12v) that will run on 110 or 230v that I can use as the switching power supply for the DC/DC charger. Only downside is that they're noisy, I'll look at replacing the fan with something a lot quieter.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back